The Student Room Group

Guidance needed

Hi,

I am an experienced software professional with over nine years of experience. I have completed my graduation through distance education in Sociology in year 1999. I started working while pursing the graduation. Now after working for 9 years I feel the need to get qualified in a particular domain. I am interested in doing a masters degree in IT Consultancy or Banking. I am from India and trying to find out details about universities in UK. It would be really helpful if I can get guidance from people studing in univesity. Please guide me in choosing a good university.

Thank you,
Amit
Reply 1
Well I would say go through a university guide and pick out a list of universities you seem to be intrested in based on their location, costs, rep and the kind of courses they offer. Once a couple of unis intrest you, either filter some out or just apply to all of them. Some of the best business schools which I can think of are Tanaka Business school(ICL), Cass business school, Manchester business school, Aston business school, bath business school, LSE,Birmingham business school, Leeds University business school, Nottingham University business school and Warwick University. Hope that helps.
Reply 2
When thinking about masters in areas like this, be careful as some are not worth the paper that they are written on! Especially as you seem not too be to familiar with the English system.
Reply 3
goali2
Well I would say go through a university guide and pick out a list of universities you seem to be intrested in based on their location, costs, rep and the kind of courses they offer. Once a couple of unis intrest you, either filter some out or just apply to all of them. Some of the best business schools which I can think of are Tanaka Business school(ICL), Cass business school, Manchester business school, Aston business school, bath business school, LSE,Birmingham business school, Leeds University business school, Nottingham University business school and Warwick University. Hope that helps.

Thanks goali2 and dans.

Latest

Trending

Trending