The Student Room Group

Can you highlight your hair after using henna?

Scroll to see replies

your hair isn't black,it'll change colour a lot.
Reply 41
Hi everyone. I used Lush's Caca Marron two years ago and was thinking about coloring my hair lighter. I was thinking of using John Frieda's precision foam in 7PBN (dark pearl blonde) but I don't know if it will have a reaction with my hair. I only used henna once and after a year from that application I have used John Frieda's precision foam color but it was a dark brown color. About a month ago I used a color stripping solution by Scott Cornwall which got most of the dark dye out (but left me with a reddish tinge because the dye had peroxide in it and changed my natural color). So now I have blonde roots and brownish red hair about an inch from my roots and I REALLY want to have my dark blonde hair back but am worried about my hair going green! Any advice?
Reply 42
I have used Lush cacas in all four shades for 10 years now. I'm allergic to hairdye (ammonia and ppd) I bleached some highlights in and it went a shade lighter, I did it again to get it lighter and it went green/blue that is the reaction from the indigo herb, that's the dark colour in noire, brun and marron, I was gutted. I had to henna over it with rouge then brun. I am now growing my henna out, it's the only option if you want it paler, bleached, highlighted or natural.
I hope this helps. X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending