The Student Room Group

Is this tooo much?

Hi memebers of tsr!!:tsr2:

Well i got As and Bs for my GCSEs and im doing AS biology,chemistry,business studies,economics and general studies(which was compulsory)Do you think this is too much?? 5 AS levels altogether..

Also,im thinking of dropping business studies now to decrease the workload but i want to get into top unis which will need 3 A levels and 1 AS level.

what do u think i should do?
Reply 1
If I were you, I would concentrate on the main 4 and neglect Gen. Studies altogether! If you're aiming for a top uni they won't accept it anyway so you might as well just do well in the other 4.
Reply 2
Agreeing with Chester, GS is a waste of space if your applying to bigger Uni's. Concentrate of the 4, if it's too much, drop one.
Reply 3
general studies does not need much attention anyway - so definitely - as the above posters have said; focus on your other 4.
Reply 4
I agree with everyone else, just do the bare minimum for General Studies as it's not likely to be included in your offer.
Reply 5
thnx for all the replies guys....so does dat mean if i get a D,E,or U in general studies,the unis wont know about it? and im goin to drop business after AS...but does doin 4 A2s put u at a greater advantage?
Reply 6
Yes in a tie-break situation but four C's would not be desirable whereas 3 B's would be, if you follow my meaning.
Reply 7
Im going to drop business studies after the first years anyways.....do you guys i should change it to another subject? because some people say there might be a clash between business studies and economics
lil_chinkstar
Im going to drop business studies after the first years anyways.....do you guys i should change it to another subject? because some people say there might be a clash between business studies and economics

They're right - there is a bit of a clash. You may be better off changing it to something else to prove to unis that you're more diverse. 2 similar subjects may count against you for top unis.

Latest