Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Opening multiple student accounts

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can you do this? How do they check? Also, will banks give you the maximum overdraft limit?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    No you can't, I think they can find out, (they knew when one of my friends did it anyway) the overdraft depends on your credit history, and shows up on your credit history, and its more a personal decision than this bank will give you x amount.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi, in the blurb that you have to agree to, the banks often want to know that the account with them will be either your 'only' or your 'main' student account. loads of people ahve several different accounts though, people just tell porkies. If you need to provide a previous bank statement or something, you could just take a statement from a regular/solo account.

just don't tell them, but it's probably best not to open loads of accounts and then get into debt with all of them!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i have more than one account - they never asked me if i had another one
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Banks usally give you a £1k in first year raising to £1.5 in third year, but you need to contact the banks individualy. Funny enough I asked to increase my overdraugh but they would not as I was already to close, yet when I was a few hundered a way from it they increased it no problem. Gay!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Natwest T&C's stipulate that the account must be your 'main account', but only say...
    Your only Student Account has to be a NatWest account
    ...in the Welcome! A guide to our student accounts booklet, so I wouldn't take the statement as too legally binding .
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Banks will normally check your credit history before allowing you to open an account with them- if you already have a student account then that will obviously show up and you'll most likely be refused. So its not a matter of "dont tell them", as they'll already know anyway.

Seems a bit pointless anyway, whats the point having two overdrafts to pay back??!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ive heard it's a criminal offence to have more than one student account...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    overdrafts and freebies! they all want your custom so are happy to have account holders
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cinnamonhearts)
    ive heard it's a criminal offence to have more than one student account...
    yeah, my mate got 5 years for it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh my God - 5 years? Really?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really want a NatWest acc but have applied for an HSBC one cos NatWest wasn't loading for me.

I was gonna try for a NatWest one tomorrow morning if the site worked for me

Maybe I shouldn't

Dont want to go down for 5 years.

Are you having me on?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chewwy)
    yeah, my mate got 5 years for it.
    :laugh:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Luckily they have abolished the death sentence, so at least you can keep your life if you are caught by the law.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 12, 2007
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.