The Student Room Group

Which Acc + Finance Uni To Go For?

hello people, starting my A2's this week back at college got AAB in my AS's in accounting, business studies and ICT and going to retake a module in ICT to get it up to an A.

havent got very good GCSE's mainly C's one or two better one or two worse but maths english science all C. im retaking my gcse maths to get it up to an A because most of the ones i want to go to want an A/B, i really should have been bothered more back in my school days lol

i definitely want to do accounting and finance(or something more or less similar) but not quite sure which uni i want to go to preferably. theres 5 in mind which i want to put in order of first to last choice which are Lancaster(4 yr), Loughborough(4 year),Manchester, Nottingham and Leeds.

im really interested in the lancaster ernst & young degree and the business school also makes me quite keen on lancaster and loughborough also do a 4 year sandwich degree. but some people have said that the others are better universities eg. reputation and all that.

so do people think that the fact i would have a good year work experience behind me if i chose lancaster or loughborough or the other 3 would be better? also if you have any comments on the universities in general would help.
I think you may need to look at Uni's GCSE requirements for the universities you have just mentioned. For a few of them they ask for at least B's English. You might have an B for GCSE maths after your resit but some will also want to see a B in English so you will have to look that up with the top 20 uni's

I think Sheffield might also be a possibilty for you.
Reply 2
hi,cheersfor the reply. i emailed lancaster a while back and the lady said that they would still consider me if i had a C in english. loughborough only needs a C in english so does manchester and leeds. im not too sure on nottingham cant quite seem to see anything on that. do you have any opinion on Aston - accounting for management?
Reply 3
I think for accounting and finance GCSEs as a whole aren't important. However you will need to have C for english language and maths minimum...

Accounting has relatively low entry requirements. Durham require BBB at A-levels, anything excluding general studies. So if you apply to durham they would DEFINITELY want you! especially since you got AAB predicted.

However Durham require B in GCSE Mathematics :frown:
Reply 4
i would say you pick manchester or lancaster both their business schools have world class reputations
Reply 5
yeah im going to be retaking my gcse maths anyway so that should be ok. i might put durham down as one of my options then i think.
Reply 6
also because i got AAB for my AS's im still going to be resitting 1 module in each subject so when i apply will it show the other 2 modules still? and will my predicted grades be AAB or not?
Reply 7
U got a B in ict? Omg how did u manage to get that? Do u have any good notes?? plz pl plz give me as i m also retaking ict co si got D:frown:
Reply 8
kaal1010
also because i got AAB for my AS's im still going to be resitting 1 module in each subject so when i apply will it show the other 2 modules still? and will my predicted grades be AAB or not?

No ur predicted grades will not chnage! They will reamin as AAB whether u retake or not ( i think)

Also, if u decline ur grades then unis will not be able toosee! But if u dont thans yes uni will see & also they will see ur 3rd module grade as u hv not declined u grade!

Latest

Trending

Trending