The Student Room Group

Timesheet query

I have a feeling I may have accidentally been filling in my timesheet incorrectly.

It is worded "please ensure that hours are recorded accurately and are totalled to the nearest fifteen minutes". This is written next to the rows for each day of the week, with the total hours part underneath.

When I first started filling it in, I took it to mean that each day's worth of hours should be rounded to the nearest 15 minutes. Therefore, in order to get my bus I had been working 9 - 4.55 with a half hour break, then rounding it to 7.30 hrs a day. However, having re-read it, i'm starting to think that it may mean that the overall total should be rounded, rather than each individual day. If thats the case, then my hours would've been a lower total than I have worked them out to be.

The office has signed the sheet each week and the agency has never contacted me about it so I assumed it was correst, but I only re-read it properly last week and the wording is slightly ambiguous so I may be wrong.

I was thinking of working an extra ten minutes each day this week but not recording them, to cover what I may have inadvertently cancelled out by rounding up. Or have a read the sheet correctly after all?
Reply 1
i think that means you should round each days hours. but its not all that clear really
Reply 2
I'm guessing you work for like Brook Street or Reed? I'm fairly certain it means round it daily, like leaving 5 minutes early or later than your contracted/claimed working hours is liable to happen. Also, why would you not want to round up to get more hours than you're doing?! As a temp (as I am presently) we get paid peanuts and the agency takes like half of what your manager's paying for your services - consiquently your agency isn't likely going to say that you've been getting them paid more than you should, and if your manager signs it then there's no problem at all.

If you feel morally/ethically obliged to work for every minute you're paid then I'm sure noone will mind you working the extra 25 minutes to make up for it - though on the time sheet that would be close to another half hour unless you didn't count it! I just think that rounding up is fine because other people take all their smoking breaks and a longer lunch etc etc, like I'm on here giving my opinion to you when I could be working but am not being driven and it's not hard so why kill yourself over temp work..? Though it would be nice to get more out of the experience, but I'm not being driven enough for that!

Just uot of interest, where are you working and those niggly details?

Latest

Trending

Trending