The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:dito: very true...either is gonna need a lot of effort and/or a bit of magic to make the person super good at the subject at degree level

:eek:
I joined the Army. It worked for me!

TS
Reply 22
You joined the army and became a doctor through the army (through a place like Sandhurst? :confused:), or you just joined the army?
You can't become a doctor through the army, Sandhurst only trains you as an officer. You can be sponsored through medical school by the Forces as long as you agree to serve a minimum amount of time after you graduate.

Otherwise, the Army only takes its sponsored students or graduates, there is no Army medical school as such.
Reply 24
Oh, I know you can get sponsored if you serve after graduation, but I was thinking about it in relation to the thread title since he doesn't seem to be referencing anyone or anything in particular, I thought tele-skier was just answering the question first asked in the thread.
I'd go for the last option on Tami*'s list. I'm already on a gap year (but I'm not a reapplicant), so I couldn't really justify taking another one. I think the chances of getting into Med via a different course or grad entry are too slim/costly and I don't fancy taking an access course.

I'm applying for ODP courses as my back-up cos I enjoyed my work experience in surgery so much. It would kill me to work alongside doctors and surgeons knowing that I could have been in their position, but I'd still get to do a fairly interesting healthcare job.
Apologies. After some time in the Army I applied and was accepted into Med School - it certainly strengthened my application, despite pretty shoddy A level grades.

TS

Latest

Trending

Trending