The Student Room Group

Grr stressed out!

Right so ive gone back to college to do A2's to find out that my sociology teacher and film teachers have both left.

My sociology teacher was the only reason i did well, her teaching style suited me but the other teacher who we now have hates me and i cant get my head around the way she teaches so im really worried im gonna fail now!

My film teacher was the best teacher our college has ever had and now we have a teacher that has never teached alone before so im worried he wont teach us properly and ill do badly.

My media teacher has swapped to the other day so we have a grumpy teacher and yet again im worried i wont be able to understand his teaching style.

And photography... well no complaints there lol.

Well anyway i really want A's or B's and im worried im not gonna get these grades anymore, is there anything i can do to help myself?
The Revision guide is you're new best friend now i'm afraid.
Reply 2
Just work extra hard really, and try to get accustomed to the new teachers' methods of teaching. I have two new teachers as well this year.
Reply 3
cant u switch teachers?
Reply 4
nah it clashes with film. :frown: i guess the books are my best friends now lol :frown: well gutted though they were really good teachers.
Reply 5
well you mite just get used to their teaching style...give it time..
Reply 6
I can sympathise, I had a really good French teacher who inspired me to pursue the subject further than I would have otherwise. I always thought he'd stay, because used to say how much he looked forward to teaching me for A level. Then halfway through last year his wife found another teaching post elsewhere, and they had to move away. I felt exactly the same as you, but you definitely do get used to your new teachers after a bit of time. You have to remember that while your teacher(s) helped you a lot, you essentially were the one who put the work in, and you can still continue to do it- even though it might be a little bit harder this time. :smile:
Reply 7
Tailz
Right so ive gone back to college to do A2's to find out that my sociology teacher and film teachers have both left.

My sociology teacher was the only reason i did well, her teaching style suited me but the other teacher who we now have hates me and i cant get my head around the way she teaches so im really worried im gonna fail now!

My film teacher was the best teacher our college has ever had and now we have a teacher that has never teached alone before so im worried he wont teach us properly and ill do badly.

My media teacher has swapped to the other day so we have a grumpy teacher and yet again im worried i wont be able to understand his teaching style.

And photography... well no complaints there lol.

Well anyway i really want A's or B's and im worried im not gonna get these grades anymore, is there anything i can do to help myself?

wow my school dont do any of your subjects at AS or Alevel !!!...are you by chance doing these courses at college?
Reply 8
I have changed one teacher even though hes still there and i miss him, hes ledge!
And my business teacher left and i have no teacher this week until they hire a new one who may be awful (probs) so its not just you!
Reply 9
prash_s90
wow my school dont do any of your subjects at AS or Alevel !!!...are you by chance doing these courses at college?

yeh my school would only let me do 1 of the 4 lol. and ive had a few lessons with these new teachers and it feels really weird n im still stressed but im just trying to make the most of it :smile:

Latest