Any one up for a drink?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Count me in too

It'll be fun to put faces/names to avatars :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hows about a few pints down at the rocket sometime next friday or so?
    Or is that too early for most? Maybe next sunday?
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind, anytime will suit me, except Thursday actually I think there's an SSEES freshers boat ride that night, but Friday/Saturday would be grand.
    It'll be weird meeting at first though. At least my username is my actual name, I don't have to introduce myself as crackingod or fishfinger sandwich :rofl:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    I don't mind, anytime will suit me, except Thursday actually I think there's an SSEES freshers boat ride that night, but Friday/Saturday would be grand.
    It'll be weird meeting at first though. At least my username is my actual name, I don't have to introduce myself as crackingod or fishfinger sandwich :rofl:
    :eek: :eek: :eek: You get to go on a boat ride????
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lolly-88)
    Short answer is yeah. Long answer is hell yeah!!

shhhh i can sneak you on just pretend to study polish
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lolly-88)
    Heheh... you don't want to hear about all the fun stuff the lawyers get to do then
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When you meet up how do you know who's who? I mean if you're meeting at the main quad do we all just stand around there eyeing up people wondering wether they've come to meet up or if they're just there anyway. It could potentially be very awkward and embarrassing!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmm yeah

I'm going to The Court next sunday while Man Utd Chelsea is on, so if anyone shouts TSR, I'll know who you are :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Heheh... you don't want to hear about all the fun stuff the lawyers get to do then
    I've heard about the law events...the lawyers have been bragging about it enough. ;dry;

I might gatecrash King's freshers week it sounds so much better...i'm jealous. I just want to go on a boat!

(Original post by miss_world)
    When you meet up how do you know who's who? I mean if you're meeting at the main quad do we all just stand around there eyeing up people wondering wether they've come to meet up or if they're just there anyway. It could potentially be very awkward and embarrassing!
    You could carry a huge placard saying TSR. You could wear name badges. Or everyone could just post their pic so you know whose who??? Or you could all agree to come dressed in blue or something. or pink or yellow. :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simdam)
    heeey guys.. why is everyone saying it will b so wierd.. who cares. lol.. we're all in the same boat. ive been very active on facebook, getting to know the people ill b living with and also the people who are doing my course.
    im arriving on the 18th for ISOP, and we're some people planning to meet up.
    im just gonnab myself, try to b very open and socialble.
    but i wud b up for a drink too... i find some of the club events a bit expensive, altho i don't mind going to clubs, but nothing beats a good night out in a pub, having the best drunk conversations in the world .
    So true.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Next Friday sound fine to me.

(Original post by paddy)
    you don't want to hear about all the fun stuff the lawyers get to do then
    lucky you We mainly have a welcome meeting, library tour, some lecture- it doesn't look fun at all.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pure_joy)
    Next Friday sound fine to me.

lucky you We mainly have a welcome meeting, library tour, some lecture- it doesn't look fun at all.
    :ditto: I think we drew the short straws
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crackingod)
    So would Saturday 29th suit everyone?

Would main quad be a good meeting point otherwise we can just find somewhere else?

Also any idea of a good place to go? I have to admit Rocket is very boring (and in a crap place )
    Covent garden...or just the general West end area....it's lush! ;yes;
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... I might tag along with this, an opportunity to meet people who aren't just going to be in my halls/lectures..
    Saturday would be fine by me.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Include me as well! I'm on your course as well at SSEES!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh the enrolment thing for SSEES history students? Yeah I would probably see you there..... there are apparantly only 40 of us anyway! Did you bother with the vacations reading list?

I'm not sure about the communist thing yet.... what is it? (I can't open facebook at the moment!). But I would be at boat party and pub crawl though!
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    SSEES high five :five:
    Oh and there's no way I'm giving you all my first name:mad:
    Oh wait...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    SSEES high five :five:
    Oh and there's no way I'm giving you all my first name:mad:
    Oh wait...
    LOL
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm out, Match of the Day is on on Saturdays
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The update sounds good
    Lets get a list of pubs though (maybe you want to post it up?)
    Off the top of my head, we've got The Rocket, The Court, The Jeremy Bentham, The Northumberland Arms, Potion, The Mortimer Arms, The Roxy (ofc...), Grafton Arms...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 1, 2007
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.