The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mate, just concentrate on your GCSEs honestly. I'm not trying to supress your talents and your keen approach but i just think GCSE are a lot more important at the moment. The worse thing you want is to get grades that are not as good as you expected because AS Citezenship hindered your progress. x
Reply 41
I'd say, take it, but concentrate on ur gcse's more, if you want to do alevels or a btec ull need those more.
if the worst comes to the worst and you fail/get a grade ur not happy with you dont have to declare it on ur ucas form, just pretend it nevr happened!
goodluck!
VI XII
I'd say, take it, but concentrate on ur gcse's more, if you want to do alevels or a btec ull need those more.
if the worst comes to the worst and you fail/get a grade ur not happy with you dont have to declare it on ur ucas form, just pretend it nevr happened!
goodluck!

But if i fail one, isn't that a just a waste of both of time and another GCSE that i could have taken?
Reply 43
Ramadulla
But if i fail one, isn't that a just a waste of both of time and another GCSE that i could have taken?

yeah, but ull have experienced taking an AS level which is useful (i did critical thinking early) as for 1 less gcse, how many do you need?! im guessing ur taking, what 10? already, as long as uve got the core ones and the subjects u wana take further, u wont need anymore as long as uve got 5 a*-c ull be able to do whtever (dont take that as gospel, but personally no unis ive pplied 4 have cared if ive got 1 less gcse thn sum1 else, by uni time thy dnt mind)
Reply 44
I wish our school gave us these opportunities. How I would love to have an AS level before I received my GCSE's.
Reply 45
ramadulla!
what happened?
did you take it?
VI XII
ramadulla!
what happened?
did you take it?

Yes, We've had the first exam on 22nd of May. It was O.K. I'll be expecting something like a B, an A if i strike lucky. :rolleyes:
Reply 47
yay! thts great, well done, hope all your other exams turn out as good :smile:
Reply 48
Normally they do something like make you take maths GCSE a year early so you can start the AS level in year 11, that's what they're doing with some of my brothers year. It seems a bit weird to make you do an AS which really isn't that much use to you or universities.

Latest