The Student Room Group

Psychology or Sociology

I have just started my A-Levels and I'm taking four at the moment but only want to do three but my form tutor is insisting I take a fourth as she thinks I am capable of it. Which shoudl I take I'm going to choose from Sociology and Psychology but am stuck which one to do. Which one is easier of the both and one which I won't need to give alot of time and effort for? Thanks.
Sociology is easier

Psychology is more respected though, and if you can be bothered to revise, it's a subject which you get an A in.
Reply 2
i got an A in socio but a D in psych, socio's easier but i did also spend more time revising and doing past papers/essays.
Reply 3
Which do you feel you would find more interesting?

That is the one you take. :smile:
Reply 4
Sociology is more interesting, and probably easier.
Reply 5
Psychology any day.
It's more interesting, and definitely worth doing.

I am guessing Sociology's easier, but not that great a subject.

But of course it's really up to you in the end. Which one would you enjoy doing? You're the one that's gonna have to learn it.
Reply 6
Both probably similar difficulty but in different ways (essays/maths etc).

Psychology more respected but Sociology probably less to remember and you could probably get away with doing less work for exams.
I do them both and I would have said Sociology is harder! I prefer it though and think it's alot more interesting.
Psychology is more respected though. But if you're going to drop it next year, go with what you enjoy.
I'd say Sociology all the way. :smile:
Reply 8
Yeah I'd say Sociology as well. I think at AS Psychology is hard because of the volume of material to be learnt, whereas with AS Sociology, while there is still a lot to learn, there is the additional skill of having to "decode" essay questions - e.g. what material do you include in the essay question "Assess the view that 'it no longer makes sense to talk about the patriarchal family'" etc., instead of "Assess/Evaluate" like it is in Psychology.
Reply 9
sociology! i got an A in AS
i did psychology as well but didn't enjoy it as much,i got a C

Latest