The Student Room Group

urgent help required please

hi...im probably not supposed to post here regarding this - as it is not ps related...however i just needed some urgent help....

i am currently about to begin my A2's in biology and chemistry i would also be doing a 3rd A level at the moment but unfortunately i failed the subject in AS and will not be allowed to retake it. now as i want to study biomedical science in uni i wanted to know which uni's (roughly) would accept 2 A levels and 2 AS's in place of a 3rd A level...bearing in mind i would also like to - if possible get a transfer into medicine or if not apply for post grad.

if you could by any means provide any information i'd appreciate it very much.

once again i do apologise for posting here...i have tried on the university courses section but havent received many replies and could do with some info asap.

many thanks
Reply 1
Surely this information is available on the UCAS site? Anyway, most unis are moe interested in the amount of UCAS points you have, so 2 grade As at AS-level is the same as 1 grade A at A-level.
Reply 2
MrStudent
hi...im probably not supposed to post here regarding this - as it is not ps related...however i just needed some urgent help....

i am currently about to begin my A2's in biology and chemistry i would also be doing a 3rd A level at the moment but unfortunately i failed the subject in AS and will not be allowed to retake it. now as i want to study biomedical science in uni i wanted to know which uni's (roughly) would accept 2 A levels and 2 AS's in place of a 3rd A level...bearing in mind i would also like to - if possible get a transfer into medicine or if not apply for post grad.

if you could by any means provide any information i'd appreciate it very much.

once again i do apologise for posting here...i have tried on the university courses section but havent received many replies and could do with some info asap.

many thanks

I don't really know a lot about biomed admissions, but I would've thought you could quite easily find out for yourself, just phone all of the universities you're interested in, and see what they have to say about the whole 2 A2 with 2 AS thing.

As for a transfer onto medicine, only a few universities will even offer that, and its so hard to actually get through that it isn't something to be banked on. Graduate entry medicine is also incredibly competitive, if you get the grades it is definitely worth taking a gap year and reapplying, rather than going for either of the two routes you mentioned earlier
Reply 3
Alex L
I don't really know a lot about biomed admissions, but I would've thought you could quite easily find out for yourself, just phone all of the universities you're interested in, and see what they have to say about the whole 2 A2 with 2 AS thing.
As for a transfer onto medicine, only a few universities will even offer that, and its so hard to actually get through that it isn't something to be banked on. Graduate entry medicine is also incredibly competitive, if you get the grades it is definitely worth taking a gap year and reapplying, rather than going for either of the two routes you mentioned earlier

I don't think the guy needs help anymore :no: considering he posted that in 2007...
Reply 4
Hygeia
I don't think the guy needs help anymore :no: considering he posted that in 2007...

My bad :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending