The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

beds

I was just wondering if there's any way to get a better mattress from Accommodation or anything. When I get into bed, it seems like I sink all the way down to the boxspring. I've had back problems for a couple years now, so sleeping in my bed here has given me a lot of back pain.

I was thinking about trying to find a mattress pad or something, but I'm limited on budget and also what I can take back home with me at the end of the semester.

Any suggestions?
naufraga
I was just wondering if there's any way to get a better mattress from Accommodation or anything. When I get into bed, it seems like I sink all the way down to the boxspring. I've had back problems for a couple years now, so sleeping in my bed here has given me a lot of back pain.

I was thinking about trying to find a mattress pad or something, but I'm limited on budget and also what I can take back home with me at the end of the semester.

Any suggestions?

Well, I personally took two quilts and used one for padding the mattress. I dunno if this would help much but it feels really comfortable and basically just like my bed back at home.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
You should report it to either your Residents' Assistant (Self-catered flats) or to the Domestic Supervisor (Halls)- they will investigate and decide whether it is in need of replacing.
Reply 3
i used to get extra mattress pad things from Ikea and they made any bed amazingly comfy, you should gives those a shot, I don't think they are that expensive either
Reply 4
naufraga

Any suggestions?

I don't know which residence you're in, but last Sept I noticed that a few parents actually bought new mattresses for their kids since they looked pretty worn out and also covered in questionable substances. Some of the dept stores, and maybe IKEA will deliver. Otherwise the suggestion of the mattress pad is probably a good choice. Less expensive than a full mattress and should help somewhat.

Latest

Trending

Trending