The Student Room Group
I hope they don't, I don't have any of mine and I have no idea which exam boards they were with!
Reply 2
To get more certificates, you can call up the exam boards and ask for a replacement. They won't send you a new certificate, you'll get something that looks exactly the same but says 'statement of results' on it. It will cost you about £30 per exam board, which will be a real pain if you took exams with a few exam boards ...

However, I got replacements for my A-Level certificates before I went to uni, and I was never asked to show them to anyone. I've never heard of anyone being asked to show their GCSE certificates, so personally I wouldn't bother getting any more yet. If you are asked, then just call up and get some and take them in to registry when they arrive. Most people don't take them to uni anyway so you'll be allowed a period of grace to get them together.
Reply 3
I've been told to bring all my certificates to enrollment. I assume this must include GCSE certificates as I don't have A-Level ones yet so they will have to make do with the statement of results for them.

If you need them they would have probably told you.
Reply 4
I'm pretty sure they sent a letter saying they'll need to see copies of all qualification certificates that I put down on my application, (I'm assuming they're including GCSE's, but they weren't specific)

I may as well just ask if they need them when I get there, since I think I have a certain amount of time to show them.

From what I remember, I did take them all with the same exam board though, so I'll hopefully only have to pay once (if at all).
Reply 5
eeek!! i hope they don't want to see mine! *goes to frantically search for them*
Reply 6
i remember taking mine (and alevel as i took a gap year) but they never saw them.. was a bit pointless.. dunno why they asked for them and i especially don't see why they would need gcse certificates..
Nothing was said to me about certificates. Hmm, perhaps I should bring them just in case. Although, as has been said, I don't see why any uni would want GCSE certs, unless you've got onto a course based solely on them (some hs/c courses want only gcse's - I know people going on them) but they only appear at the really crap uni's :smile:
Reply 8
Some unis don't ask to see GCSE certificates. But even if they don't, a lot of jobs will in the future so they're worth finding.

Latest

Trending

Trending