The Student Room Group
You put it in your education/qualifications section with a pending grade.
Reply 2
oh, lol i see thanks :smile:

is there room for that to be abused? like you put down that you're taking physics and maths and chemistry aea's when you're only taking maths - to make yourself look better?
do unis ever actually give you an offer based on an AEA result?
All of the UCAS form could be abused - but your referee has to verify that you've entered your qualifications correctly, and if you put down a qualification but the result doesn't come through from the exam boards then it can hold up confirmation of your place on results day - plus because it would then be clear that you had lied on your application form then your university could cancel your application with no repercussions.

I don't know of any uni's that offer based on an AEA result. I do know of unis who have been more leniant about slipped A level grades when the applicant had a good AEA result too.
Reply 4
cambridge has been known to include AEAs in offers; not sure about any other universities though.

as said, you can enter them in your ucas application -- but you can also mention them in your personal statement; i mentioned mine in my closing paragraph last year as evidence of commitment to and self-motivated extension of my studies.
You could abuse it by saying you were taking 3 AEAs when actually you were only taking 1, but as PQ said, that could be a problem when UCAS receive your results from the exam boards because they'd think they'd received incomplete information and when they found out you'd lied, they could cancel your place. The only way around it would be to phone UCAS and the unis after you'd received offers or after you'd chosen your firm and insurance and tell them you'd decided not to take the other 2, but even 1 AEA looks good and unis can't place too much emphasis on them anyway because not everyone has the opportunity to take them, so it's really not worth the hassle. Unless you apply to Cambridge, or possibly to certain unis (I think Warwick is one) for maths, you're very unlikely to have an AEA included in an offer, and even for Cambridge it's rare, but again as PQ said, a uni might decide to let you in if you missed your offer but passed an AEA, especially if it was in the subject you applied for.

Latest

Trending

Trending