Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ebay again (selling stuff)

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How do you sell things ? Apparently I need a switch or solo card
    Some of my friends are my age and they have sold stuff before...

:confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    How do you sell things ? Apparently I need a switch or solo card
    Some of my friends are my age and they have sold stuff before...

:confused:
    eBay's terms and conditions state u need to be 18, and u should atleast have a solo/switch card absolute minimum. Although it states u have to be 18, u can *pretend* to be, which is what alot of people do, and u just need a bank account and preferably paypal if u dont have a solo/switch. Infact Paypal.co.uk teams up with eBay, and personally I think they are both very very safe and secure. I have a solo card and my trick is to just leave £10 in that card, and until i purchase, i will add money to the card, or if I've sold, i will take the cash out and put it into another bank account of mine.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have signed up for paypal and I'm waiting the 3-5 working days hfor the 2 small amounts to be put into the account before I can verify it.

So the bottom line is, I need a switch/solo card to sell
    Do you have to be over 18 to get one?
    I might go to my bank and get one because I have a load of PS2 games I could sell and I really need some money.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    I have signed up for paypal and I'm waiting the 3-5 working days hfor the 2 small amounts to be put into the account before I can verify it.

I might go to my bank and get one because I have a load of PS2 games I could sell and I really need some money.
    I used my mothers. All it needs is your details from it isnt it? They dont actually use it. Unless you use paypal of course
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)

nah, u can get one once yer 16 and it expires when yer just over 19. How old r u now? once yer 18 u get the VISA Mastercard options.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17, just applied for a current account which hopefully will work.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Halifax are the only place I've found for under 18 credit/debit cards, other than that use a parents or an old sister/brother.

However, they will charge this same card every month with all your seller fees.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Halifax are the only place I've found for under 18 credit/debit cards, other than that use a parents or an old sister/brother.

However, they will charge this same card every month with all your seller fees.
    I'm on HSBC's Right Track Into Study account, which was automatically upgraded from my Livecash account when I turned 16. And I got a Solo card.

(Original post by ResidentEvil)
    I have a solo card and my trick is to just leave £10 in that card, and until i purchase, i will add money to the card, or if I've sold, i will take the cash out and put it into another bank account of mine.
    Just wondering, what advantage does this give exactly? I have one current account which I use for pretty much everything! And my Solo card is tied to it. Also I do have a couple of Post Office savings thingies that mum and dad set up but I never use them myself, I think they put money into them every month or something though to go towards my university costs.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    I'm on HSBC's Right Track Into Study account, which was automatically upgraded from my Livecash account when I turned 16. And I got a Solo card.
    A Solo card's just a switch though isn't it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    it's a switch card that isnt accepted in as many places....soemthing to do with processing fees or something.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)

Solo card, can that be used over the internet? I get confused with all those types...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Solo card, can that be used over the internet? I get confused with all those types...
    Amazon accept it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Amazon accept it.
    Is that the only place? It seems a bit pointless to have a card which only one place accepts it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    how much comission does ebay take?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is that the only place? It seems a bit pointless to have a card which only one place accepts it.
    Ebuyer do, and a few other places such as amazon and 123 reg i've tried- a lot look at it in a similar way to the switch card so i reckon there's some kind of compatibility. I also got mine through HSBC's right track study account.
Updated: August 14, 2004
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.