Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ebay again (selling stuff)

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How do you sell things ? Apparently I need a switch or solo card
    Some of my friends are my age and they have sold stuff before...

:confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    How do you sell things ? Apparently I need a switch or solo card
    Some of my friends are my age and they have sold stuff before...

:confused:
    eBay's terms and conditions state u need to be 18, and u should atleast have a solo/switch card absolute minimum. Although it states u have to be 18, u can *pretend* to be, which is what alot of people do, and u just need a bank account and preferably paypal if u dont have a solo/switch. Infact Paypal.co.uk teams up with eBay, and personally I think they are both very very safe and secure. I have a solo card and my trick is to just leave £10 in that card, and until i purchase, i will add money to the card, or if I've sold, i will take the cash out and put it into another bank account of mine.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have signed up for paypal and I'm waiting the 3-5 working days hfor the 2 small amounts to be put into the account before I can verify it.

So the bottom line is, I need a switch/solo card to sell
    Do you have to be over 18 to get one?
    I might go to my bank and get one because I have a load of PS2 games I could sell and I really need some money.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    I have signed up for paypal and I'm waiting the 3-5 working days hfor the 2 small amounts to be put into the account before I can verify it.

I might go to my bank and get one because I have a load of PS2 games I could sell and I really need some money.
    I used my mothers. All it needs is your details from it isnt it? They dont actually use it. Unless you use paypal of course
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)

nah, u can get one once yer 16 and it expires when yer just over 19. How old r u now? once yer 18 u get the VISA Mastercard options.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17, just applied for a current account which hopefully will work.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Halifax are the only place I've found for under 18 credit/debit cards, other than that use a parents or an old sister/brother.

However, they will charge this same card every month with all your seller fees.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Halifax are the only place I've found for under 18 credit/debit cards, other than that use a parents or an old sister/brother.

However, they will charge this same card every month with all your seller fees.
    I'm on HSBC's Right Track Into Study account, which was automatically upgraded from my Livecash account when I turned 16. And I got a Solo card.

(Original post by ResidentEvil)
    I have a solo card and my trick is to just leave £10 in that card, and until i purchase, i will add money to the card, or if I've sold, i will take the cash out and put it into another bank account of mine.
    Just wondering, what advantage does this give exactly? I have one current account which I use for pretty much everything! And my Solo card is tied to it. Also I do have a couple of Post Office savings thingies that mum and dad set up but I never use them myself, I think they put money into them every month or something though to go towards my university costs.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    I'm on HSBC's Right Track Into Study account, which was automatically upgraded from my Livecash account when I turned 16. And I got a Solo card.
    A Solo card's just a switch though isn't it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    it's a switch card that isnt accepted in as many places....soemthing to do with processing fees or something.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)

Solo card, can that be used over the internet? I get confused with all those types...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Solo card, can that be used over the internet? I get confused with all those types...
    Amazon accept it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Amazon accept it.
    Is that the only place? It seems a bit pointless to have a card which only one place accepts it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    how much comission does ebay take?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is that the only place? It seems a bit pointless to have a card which only one place accepts it.
    Ebuyer do, and a few other places such as amazon and 123 reg i've tried- a lot look at it in a similar way to the switch card so i reckon there's some kind of compatibility. I also got mine through HSBC's right track study account.
Updated: August 14, 2004
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.