The Student Room Group

Adding A2 before completeing them?

I am getting extremely confused as everyone keeps telling me different things!

I've entered all of my AS levels onto my UCAS form and I have put in all the modules and grades etc.

Do I need to enter the current A2 levels I am taking onto the UCAS form and put pending as the grades for all the modules? Some people have told me yes, some no.

Also, if you do put down which A2's you are doing, do you enter all the AS information again because the A2s have a list of Module 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc but as I have already completed modules 1-3 do I add these grades in?

big big thanks to anyone who firstly understands what i've written and secondly replies!

xxx
Ana

(ooh, something else - has anyone found double science GCSE on the GCSE qualification list?)
Reply 1
Do I need to enter the current A2 levels I am taking onto the UCAS form and put pending as the grades for all the modules?

Yes.
Do I need to enter the current A2 levels I am taking onto the UCAS form and put pending as the grades for all the modules? Some people have told me yes, some no.

I think it's just your AS grades if they have been certified/ cashed in.

Also, if you do put down which A2's you are doing, do you enter all the AS information again because the A2s have a list of Module 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc but as I have already completed modules 1-3 do I add these grades in?

You put both AS and A2 if you're carrying the subject onto A2. The AS grades will go down if they have been cashed in. The A2 will be "pending".
Reply 2
ok thank you!

so I will have Maths, English, Chemistry and Biology on Advanced Subsidary qualifications and then will enter Maths, Chemistry and Biology on the A2 qualifications and add to these all the AS info as well?

(i'm feeling so stupid since I started this ucas form, I started filling it out at 5pm and am so bad at forms I'm still going!)

thank you again!

xx
Ana
I thought that when you enter the A2 stuff you only put down the 3 A2 modules and put pending and don't repeat the AS stuff. I remember reading it on the instructions on the UCAS page somewhere.
Reply 4
anabourdais
ok thank you!

so I will have Maths, English, Chemistry and Biology on Advanced Subsidary qualifications and then will enter Maths, Chemistry and Biology on the A2 qualifications and add to these all the AS info as well?

(i'm feeling so stupid since I started this ucas form, I started filling it out at 5pm and am so bad at forms I'm still going!)

thank you again!

xx
Ana

No problem.

:smile:
Reply 5
<(+_+)>
I thought that when you enter the A2 stuff you only put down the 3 A2 modules and put pending and don't repeat the AS stuff. I remember reading it on the instructions on the UCAS page somewhere.

I remember reading that on UCAS too. If I find it, I'll post it here.

Edit: Found it: "For certificated qualifications you are recommended to include details of all units with a separate result/grade, but which are incorporated into the overall qualification grade.

If you have certificated an AS level and are continuing the subject to A2, you should:

1. enter the AS level, overall grade and unit titles and grades that make up the AS;
2. enter the same subject as an A level with the overall grade as pending and then list only the A2 units with the grades as pending. You should not re-enter the AS unit details for the A level."
Reply 6
thanks iris and <(+_+)>...i'll just go and delete everythying i entered! oh how i hate ucas. maybe i should go read all those rules now :P
And as for entering GCSE Double Awards see question 18 on the following link...

http://www.ucas.com/apply/q+a.html#gcse

Latest

Trending

Trending