The Student Room Group

A2 Coursework

Hi! :smile:

Just about to start my a2 coursework, I originally had the idea to investigate whether or not probiotics catalyse the digestion of protein in the body. Egg whites were going to be the substrate, pepsin as the enzyme and then different probiotics as the variable. I was going to use a colorimeter to measure the change in transparency as the egg white protein is digested, but I discovered that someone else had done this experiment before and I dont want to chance being busted for cheating/plagerism. Can anyone think of a similair experiment incorporating digestion and enzymes?? Thanks!
Reply 1
We did how concentration of substrate affects rate of reaction for our AS coursework and used H2O2 as the substrate and used yeast to prvide the enzyme and measured volume of oxygen produced.
Reply 2
Why does it matter if you do the same experiment as someone else? My entire class done the same for both AS and A2. Are you sure it has to be unique in the class...?? :confused:
Reply 3
Surely you'd be alright if it was someone in a previous class who's done the expt? You're never gonna get a completely unique one while you're at school...I mean, within our class we all had to pick different expts, but that was our only limit.

Latest

Trending

Trending