The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why is it so succesfull ?
Reply 2
Because people have no standards.
I had to do a massive piece of coursework on this last year... basics;

1 - They've had some very clever people starting/running the business.
2 - Massive niche.
3 - Food tastes nice.
4 - Rolling with the times.
Reply 4
They were very child-orientated 20ish, 15ish years ago. Children therefore loved it, and associated McDs with good times/happiness, and have grown into adults who still have that association deep within their minds.
People continue to enjoy McDs because it makes them happy.

It's getting less and less though; now McDs is just like every other fast-food place, so it's losing some loyalty.
Reply 5
<CJ>

3 - Food tastes nice.

snort
happy cola
snort

snorts back....

There's a reason people eat fast food... it might not be good for you, but my god does it taste nice :biggrin:
Reply 7
Cheap, quick food, relatively tasty, convenient...
It's cheap and alright tasting
You get a toy :biggrin:
BURGERS IS TASTY

I used to go to macdonalds just for the toy ... still do.
adamcleland15
I used to go to macdonalds just for the toy ... still do.

Those free glasses they were doing recently (are they still doing them??) are pretty good. 1 free with every large meal... bargain.

I wish I could eat more junk :frown: (meh...Dieting all the way)
Reply 11
Double cheeseburgers ftw hmmmmm.
Reply 12
One reason why MD's was initially successful was that it had an open kitchen. many fast food diners at the time did not allow you to see the kitchen. MD's had clean, open kitchens and this gave the consumer more confidence.
Reply 13
i've been emailed a voucher for BOGOF big macs... ain't had one in long time though, quarter pounders all the way!
Reply 14
sparkler
i've been emailed a voucher for BOGOF big macs... ain't had one in long time though, quarter pounders all the way!

I got that email too. I'm still trying to think where they got my email from :hmmmm:
Its convenient.
What they said, basically its cheap, quick and tastes good. Personally i go in there to watch the awful parenting, e.g. 'You ****ing eat that burger or i'll force it down your throat and you won't get an ice cream' or 'I am this close to ****ing hitting you (says a mother to her four year old)'
Reply 17
Because of the yummyness?
Ugh, I went there for a double cheese burger amongst other things with a few mates today. I think I shall have to stop going - the drive-thru window is far too high for me to reach in my tiny peugot 106 :wink:
Reply 19
<CJ>
There's a reason people eat fast food... it might not be good for you, but my god does it taste nice :biggrin:

Indeed. It may be made out of reconstituted pavement, but after you've had a few nothing more than the deliciously fatty taste matters.

Latest

Trending

Trending