The Student Room Group

UKCAT:2200...too low?

Hi.....I know that score isnt the best, but I have been searching around everywhere to see if specific uni;s have cut off points, I know Barts is 2400 and soton 2200.

I wondered if anyone knew if there were any cut off points for:

Leicester, Leeds, BSMS and PMS?

I have researched...im not being lazy lol....I just want to make 100% sure.
Plus do you think that a score of 2200 will detriment my application greatly?

ps please dont get annoyed with yet another UKCAT thread.... :angel:
I know, for a fact, Leeds don't really take the UkCat too seriosuly. And I'm pretty sure the others don't have cut of points, hence your difficulty in finding their cutt off poitns........
^ Thanks for your reply.......Sometimes you can miss things, things that can turn out to be really important.
As I said I just wanted to make sure :biggrin:.. It was just the one section that let me down....640,620,600 and 340 (shock horror) for decision analysis ....not quite sure what happened there to be quite honest with you...lol :rolleyes:

edit: on second thoughts, maybe that was because It was the last section... although I dont usually have difficulty with concentration spans.... *thinks*
BSMS don't have one. You may want to email the admissions tutors if you haven't already done so, just in case...
Reply 4
As far as I can remember, Leicester rank you according to your result for your worst section, so it's probably something to bear in mind :s-smilie: The UKCAT is one of several factors, and they'll give you a mark from 1-5 for it depending on where you're ranked - you need a certain amount out of 20 for an interview. I think that's what they said on the open day anyway!
liverpool don't use it at all.
Reply 6
bright star
liverpool don't use it at all.

Great advice.
Do you think it would be wise to avoid leicester then? And apply to Liverpool instead?

Thanks for all your replies :biggrin:
liverpool is amazing!!! however, they were swamped last year with applications because they don't use UKCAT and this year's predicted to be even worse. they rely a lot on your written application too. almost everyone they interview gets an offer so if your application's not really strong on paper then it's a waste of time. i dunno what to advise really. i mean do you like liverpool? i'm so glad i applied before all this UKCAT junk...
TBH, i think Liverpool must be good. But I think Im going to go for:
Leeds, Leicester, BSMS and PMS. 2200 isnt the best, but it could be worse.
I feel my grades are ok....and I am pleased with my PS (my 9th draft is complete today....lol). Hopefully I will be predicted AAA or AAB.

Whilst being sensible is a good idea give yourself the best chance, sometimes its better to stop strategizing and just go for it.

However, any suggestions are welcome :smile:
Hey man don't worry you should be ok, the unis your applying to dont place that much emphasis on Ukcat like other unis e.g Queen Marry.
Well even meeting that BL boundary doesn't necessarily mean anything apparently , anyway :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending