The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

worth applying

Hey i was wondering if you guys thought it was worth applying to KCL to study law.

At GCSE i got 5A* 4A and 1B
For As i was prediced AAAAA although i got ABBBC :-(
Though for A2 i'm predicted AAA in Chemitry, Maths and Philosophy.

Anyway i was wondering if it was worth applying here. I know my AS results are a problem but i was thinking that if i did well on the LNAT, with a good PS and refererence i may have a shot. But what do you guys think?

Any input would be great thanks as i'm really struggling with choosing unis to apply to.
Reply 1
ZZzz to be honest i kinda hate this stuff. you can apply to 6 universities... of which only two can be your option what do you think?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
TSR users aren't admission tutors..... if you really want to know if you have a chance ask the admission staff at KCL through phone or email.
Reply 3
Right ok. but we only have 5 choices this year so its a bit more tighter. Yeah i wil try and contact admission tuors but i was just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and got in.
Reply 4
I think your predicted grades are good and as you say, if your LNAT scores are good you have a good chance. S'up to you...
Reply 5
United fan
Right ok. but we only have 5 choices this year so its a bit more tighter. Yeah i wil try and contact admission tuors but i was just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and got in.

I ain't got no GCSE, never done those, don't even know what they are. Still I got in! And you know why??? Cause I'm a foreigner!!! :biggrin:
Reply 6
qlimax
I ain't got no GCSE, never done those, don't even know what they are. Still I got in! And you know why??? Cause I'm a foreigner!!! :biggrin:

i hate to break you up but com sci (us) are a bit different to law... i think they got better competition when it comes to law... but seriously... you take 5, so even if you dont get an offer from kings you still got 4. i applied to cambridge even though i didnt have 3 As lmao and guess what i had an interview (which they rejected me later) but out of 5 dont you think its good to waste one?
Reply 7
United fan
Hey i was wondering if you guys thought it was worth applying to KCL to study law.

At GCSE i got 5A* 4A and 1B
For As i was prediced AAAAA although i got ABBBC :-(
Though for A2 i'm predicted AAA in Chemitry, Maths and Philosophy.

Anyway i was wondering if it was worth applying here. I know my AS results are a problem but i was thinking that if i did well on the LNAT, with a good PS and refererence i may have a shot. But what do you guys think?

Any input would be great thanks as i'm really struggling with choosing unis to apply to.

Go for it apply make sure your PS is good.
But even if you get the offer you have to make sure to bring your B's up otherwise you wont get in anyway. :smile:
if youre predicted 3 As and you get 3 As then you should be fine...
Reply 9
iCeCream
i hate to break you up but com sci (us) are a bit different to law... i think they got better competition when it comes to law... but seriously... you take 5, so even if you dont get an offer from kings you still got 4. i applied to cambridge even though i didnt have 3 As lmao and guess what i had an interview (which they rejected me later) but out of 5 dont you think its good to waste one?

I also had an inteview at Oxford, even though I was doing BTEC ND SoftEng istead of A-Lavel :biggrin:

Latest