The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Quote:
what were you thinking of buying? and what kind of stuff do you aspire to/already play?

Im thinking of going for a fender telecaster '79 in black.
Nice as anything and available around £500.
I'm into indie rock and try to play this kinda thing + i try to write my own stuff too.
Reply 61
Im thinking of going for a fender telecaster '79 in black.

Correction - its a fender telecaster '72 :p:
Does anyone know this guitar or reckon its worth £550?
US or Mexican?
Ive played guitar for 4 years and have had 12 guitars my favourite being my nice old fender strat.

May i join your lovely society?
Reply 64
Oh Oh Oh, Guitar society, me me me, let me in your club please!!!!
I love my guitars, and rock them like a biatch,
I gots me a Custom Fender 60's Telecaster (Avec Seymour and Duncan P-ups) called Alice, Hohner Les Paul copycalled Old Rusty, BOSS DD6, TU-2, CS-3, Marshall Guv'nor, Peavey Studio Pro112 65 and a brand new pink electroacoustic called Jessica she's a honey
Reply 65
Doctor Mysterio
Ive played guitar for 4 years and have had 12 guitars my favourite being my nice old fender strat.

May i join your lovely society?

12 guitars in 4years!!:eek:
Reply 66
pheephee
Oh Oh Oh, Guitar society, me me me, let me in your club please!!!!
I love my guitars, and rock them like a biatch,
I gots me a Custom Fender 60's Telecaster (Avec Seymour and Duncan P-ups) called Alice, Hohner Les Paul copycalled Old Rusty, BOSS DD6, TU-2, CS-3, Marshall Guv'nor, Peavey Studio Pro112 65 and a brand new pink electroacoustic called Jessica she's a honey

Wow. Im jealous. How long have you been playing again? Is it possible im the only person that does not have an electric guitar?
I play guitar.

am going to order a custom RAN guitar, or perhaps a Carvin, depending on if I can find somebody who'll not charge the Earth to get it delivered from builders in America.

Currently I have an Ibanez RG350dx and an Ibanez S(something), Fender Double Humbucking Strat, Two Steel acoustics, two nylon acoustics, a strat copy which was my first guitar. I also am looking at an Ibanez RG 1527 just to get me introduced to 7 strings.

And I have a load of effects and amps. And a couple of ukeleles.
Reply 68
US or Mexican?

Mexican. The deluxe one not the custom.
Reply 69
I really want an ibanez semi acoustic hollow body bass, i want it sooooooooooooo bad!
TommyD
Mexican. The deluxe one not the custom.

Yeah. That'd be a nice guitar.

beth_geog
I really want an ibanez semi acoustic hollow body bass, i want it sooooooooooooo bad!

But why? :confused:
Reply 71
get one of these bad boys
Reply 72
dno just looks so preeety and ive heard good reviews of it, and i want a semi acoustic that i wouldnt be spending 2 much money on

--------------

gordon2002
get one of these bad boys

woah overload, would be quite hard to get down 2 the bottom one lol
Well, if you have to have one, an Ibanez is the way to go.

But not with 3 necks.
Reply 74
yeh i can't really find many semi basses on sale in the UK :frown:!
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=12595

from GAK. They're a good company, I got my last guitar from there.
Reply 76
Can I join?! I play electric and acoustic guitar, I formed my own band about 2 months ago (Midnight). At the moment I only have 2 guitars - Crafter Cruiser, not modified, and a Gibson Les Paul DC with a Seymour Duncan Hot P90 in the bridge, sweet :smile: I'd like to buy a LP Studio, LP Standard or Fender Strat when I have enough money. I'd also like to buy a Takamine or Crafter electro acoustic. I like playing a variety of rock music, most of it is punk rock, I've tried a bit of metal but can't play anything like Trivium or Metallica :frown:

I saw some videos of a guy called Jerry C on google, man that guy is amazing, I hope I'll be able to become as good as he is, I really like Satchi's work, I'd love to be able to play like him. Oh well, we'll see, only time will tell, I've only been playing guitar for a year....
Reply 77
Happy Cycling
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=12595

from GAK. They're a good company, I got my last guitar from there.

yeh i got my 1st bass from there they have some cool electro acoustics but i really want a semi acoustic with the cool shaped holes lol!

This is the one i want :biggrin:
Wow. I didn't know they made one like that.
At the mo i play bass and acoustic which i've been playing for a year and a half now. I've got a spanish acoustic guitar (no brand it was in the region of 300 quid so it's not bad but not exactly great and i prefer brass strings to the nylon) and a borrowed fender precision bass which i've been playing for 2 months now.
When i go to mexico in april on my gap year i'm planning to bring back a les paul bass. I played one in a music shop (1600 price tag :eek: ) and it sounds so amazing i very nearly creamed my tighty whities. So i figure in mexico they should be half if not less of that and therefore just about affordable as all the money i'm saving from quiting smoking (in december so not some new year fad) is going into my buff bass bank.

Latest