Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Strange period

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014

My periods are generally irregular although are usually around the 5 week mark. It will be 5 weeks on tuesday. Anyway this month I've got a sort of orange/brown staining which I've never had before. I've hered some people got this when they first started their periods - but wasnt sure if people get at any other times. Its been like this for 2 days now. Do you think this will be my period for the month? - or do you think its just a sign that its on its way? I've never had this before. I have lost weight over the last few months and am classified as underweight- but I've also been lower than this before, and eating less and still having normal periods. I really hate getting my period and usually try and avoid doing things when I'm on - but I start uni next week and dont want this 'period' and then a proper one after that. Any advice would be great
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It sound like you're about to come on. But as you've said you've recently lost weight this can cause differences in your period. It might be worth checking with your GP to see if everythings ok, if your weight is affecting your periods and you are worried.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Your body is complaining because you're underweight and not eating properly, that's why your periods aren't normal. Get back to those carbs, missy it doesn't matter that this didn't happen before - you've probably weakened your body more than before and more than you realise and this is why you're having problems.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    itll be your period for this month. no need to worry about it. sometimes change of climate, change of the environment, and various things effect it..

and because that you had this kind of period during this month doesnt mean you will have a heavy period for the next month.

this is normal. so cheer up, hopefully
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    I normally get that for a couple of days before I start, then I actually have a period. I didnt get it while I was on the pill though...

Thanks for your messages.

I have recently moved into a new flat and have the stress of starting uni and things so that could have contributed to why its wierd this month. I also havent been eating very well - and I deliberatly dont have scales here so I cant weight myself too much - so I may have lsot weight without realising it. I really hope that my period doesnt drag out for too long. As I said before I dont like doing anything when I am on and it makes me have panic attacks. Today I'm too scared to leave the house because of it and my mum is visiting me tomorrow so I'm going to have to go out which is pretty scary. I've just registered with a new GP and was advised to go back in a month when they have all my notes - so I will deff talk to them about it and see what they say.

Stress!!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why do you get scared to go out when you're on? Don't be stressed

I am phobic of being sick - and worry that my period will make me sick. It make me feel a bit nauseous and sluggish which I dont like and the last times I've felt sick have been when I've had my period. Its really difficult because I get scared to go out incase I feel sick and things like that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yes, periods can be pain. hope things work out for you relax.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah pregnant women must have it worse, a lot feel like being sick all the time! Maybe it's something you can work at gradually - go further and further away from home and realise that you won't be sick.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i feel sick when im on if i dont eat solid food and drink too much water - i know its hard but try and eat something when you get up.

I actually feel alot more hungry when I am on period - and I think the sickness before was probably becaue I hadnt eaten enough and its just worse at that time of the month. Still no change so unless I get my period tomorrow I think this will be it for the month. I managed to go out for 2 hours which was good.

I'l deff talk to my docotr next month about this - as they are doing a general health check so I'l make sure I mention it.

Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, mention it to your GP next visit, just to check, It'll probably be fine but better safe than sorry!!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: September 14, 2007
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.