The Student Room Group

Entering Maths and Further Maths grades..

Ok, so! I've started filling in my grades on UCAS, and have now got to maths and am slightly confused.. I'm doing maths and further maths, but I'm kind of doing both over the two years.
The modules I've taken so far are..
C1, C2, M1, S1, S2 and FP1.
So that's four for Maths (C1, C2, M1 and S1), and just two for Further Maths (S2 and FP1). This year I'm going to be taking C3 and C4 (for normal Maths), and then M2, S3, FP3 and D1 for Further Maths.
So anyway I'm quite confused about how to enter these on UCAS! As technically I've done four modules of normal Maths and only two for Further..
Please help! :smile:
Reply 1
Just enter them all as individual module results and then state any overall grades you have, unless you're declining.
Reply 2
You do realize you could use M1 or S1 as part of your Further maths AS as well, right? So you could have C1, C2, and S1 for your AS maths and then FP1, M1, and S2 for your AS further maths.
Reply 3
So I could put I've achieved Maths AS with C1, C2, S1, and Further Maths AS with M1, S2 and FP1..
And then put in Maths A2 with C3, C4 and D1 (?!) as 'Pending', and Further Maths A2 with S3, M2 and FP3 as 'Pending'?

Sorry Deeds, I don't really know what you mean! I'm not declining any of the grades, but not sure how to "Just enter them all as individual module results"? Do you mean still being under Maths/F.Maths AS?
Reply 4
It's quite difficult to explain but here goes...

When filling out your UCAS form, under the "education" subsection, click add qualification and then the relevant option. For AS it's split into 4 parts, the first is your overall grade and the other three are the components that make up the overall grade; the modules. If you haven't completed all three modules I think, if you've cashed in, you can leave the overall grade as pending and then the results for the modules you have sat whilst also leaving the ones you haven't as pending. That way universities can see that you have sat some of the modules and that you've done brilliantly :p: but that you haven't yet finished the course.

Alternatively, you could just leave it all as pending...
Reply 5
I've got a fairly similar problem; don't want to flood this place with new topics so I'll stick it in here if people don't mind.

Taking Maths and Further Maths:
So far I've done C1-C4, M1-M2, S1, D1; and this year I'm going to take FP1-FP3, M3-M4, S2, D2. That would give me 15 modules; which begs the question: How do I enter them? As far as I know OCR don't allow a third AS, and I can't see a way to cut the list down to 12 at this point.

My school advised declining the AS 'they' (OCR) wanted to give me (with D1); but I'm not totally happy as this only leaves me with 3 ASs (of which one is general studies...).

I'm applying for maths and most (all, I hope) of the places I'm applying to say it's ok to not cash-in stuff yet; but that doesn't make it easier to enter it :-p.

Latest

Trending

Trending