The Student Room Group
Reply 1
My chem investigation was about strength of hair after various chemical treatments - I don't recommend it. It was so fiddly and frustrating, most of the time was spent attaching bits of hair to weights... and when they slipped out I had to start all over... ugh.

Investigations such as finding out a mystery compound are more fun, but don't give you as much opportunity to shine when you write it up (eg introduction/evaluation/conclusion). My one was a nightmare, but I had alot to criticise! If it goes perfectly then it will look like you have nothing to say and are bad at evaluating.

On second thoughts, maybe mine wasn't so bad... :tongue: (I got an A overall btw)
Reply 2
Thanks! :smile:

Do you know if you are given any guidance by the teacher, or do you have to do everything yourself?
Reply 3
Bilal786
Thanks! :smile:

Do you know if you are given any guidance by the teacher, or do you have to do everything yourself?

I got some guidance, but I wasn't smothered or told what to do. AH is about learning to be independant, but of course my teacher was willing to help with any questions :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending