The Student Room Group

Help me choose my Pharmacy unis?

I'm applying for Pharmacy for 2008 entry. I'm definitely applying to Kings, LSOP, Nottingham and Aston. I can't decide on my 5th choice. I either will choose a backup uni such as East Anglia/De Montfort/Medway or another good uni such as Bath/Cardiff.
I've been given an AAB prediction and got AAAB in my AS levels. So I was wondering whether anyone had any advice or experience for any of the unis im considering above to help me with my decision. Thanx :smile: x
Reply 1
I would say put down Bath, but you could play it safe and put down a back-up.
Reply 2
h4mm44d
I would say put down Bath, but you could play it safe and put down a back-up.

:ditto:

In fact i'd probably say put bath instead of nottingham! Also i would seriousy recommend AGAINST demontfort. If you want somewhere with lower grades but an ok reputatio and a nice place to live (as opposed to Leicester :frown:) i'd suggest either Portsmouth, Brighton or Liverpool JM.
Reply 3
Well, I haven't seen Nottingham so I can't comment, but I was very impressed with Bath. My top three would be Bath, LSOP and Kings in no particular order.
lil one

I've been given an AAB prediction and got AAAB in my AS levels.
Just curious, are you taking all the ASs you got As in onto A2?
Reply 5
Nah, I dropped Economics which I got an A in, but kept Maths which I got the B in. You may think i'm crazy, but I just can't stand economics and couldn't face doing another year of it :s-smilie:.
Reply 6
h4mm44d
Well, I haven't seen Nottingham so I can't comment, but I was very impressed with Bath. My top three would be Bath, LSOP and Kings in no particular order.

Nottingham is a nice campus and a fairly nice department...

But the accommodation is rubbish and the city is... well, just like it appears on the news really!!
Reply 7
recneps
Nottingham is a nice campus and a fairly nice department...

But the accommodation is rubbish and the city is... well, just like it appears on the news really!!

Nottingham isnt as bad as it seems on the news, its actually a decent place to live if you stay away from certain areas.
Reply 8
lil one
I'm applying for Pharmacy for 2008 entry. I'm definitely applying to Kings, LSOP, Nottingham and Aston. I can't decide on my 5th choice. I either will choose a backup uni such as East Anglia/De Montfort/Medway or another good uni such as Bath/Cardiff.
I've been given an AAB prediction and got AAAB in my AS levels. So I was wondering whether anyone had any advice or experience for any of the unis im considering above to help me with my decision. Thanx :smile: x

I would go for Manchester as its a pretty good uni and with ur grades i dont think u'll hav a problem getting in2 any of those unis

Latest

Trending

Trending