The Student Room Group

Changing my teacher references

All my teachers have already written my reference before knowing that I would like to apply to medicine and when I asked they said they've already been sent to my head of college.

Is it too late to ask them to amend them, and write something in with regard to me doing medicine? I've also decline all my AS grades so I would like them to mention that I did very well (in the subjects I got As in of course) + write why I'd be suitable for medicine.
Is this too late or can they still be amended?
Reply 1
Why did you decline As? Seems a very odd thing to do!!

There shouldnt be a problem - after all, they're writing the references for your benefit. Depends how helpful they're feeling. Does the head of college write your reference? At my school our form tutors wrote them because they knew us much better than the head!
You've still got a month until your application needs to be sent off, so of course they can be amended. If you've declined your grades, it's definitely a good idea to have subjects you did well in mentioned so the unis know you're capable and saying that you're well suited to medicine can only help. Ask your teachers nicely and I'm sure they won't mind making a few changes.

Latest

Trending

Trending