Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

First Impressions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Truered
Meh it's ok. The room is good, and one or two people along my corridor seem ok. But it seems to be the vague recognition for me rather then hey its you! I'm not homesick, but I'm in my room and feel like I'm wasting my time by not going out. My subject is something I haven't done before so basically if I dislike the subject and the societies I'll probably drop out. If I dislike both societies and the subject.

Being introvert I don't mind having time to myself but people seem to be getting to know more and more and I feel like I'm forcing myself out. And I'm currently pissed as having told some people all they have to do is knock on my door and ask, they've all gone off now. Still more money for me...though I do like glowsticks.

BTW anyone on here do psychology?

You're brave doing an entirely new subject but I'm sure you're up for the challenge! :biggrin: You really don't have to be out and about 24/7, but make sure you get out in the Sun for at least a few hours as it will make you feel happier (though the weather looks not so good for Wed, Thu, Fri! :frown:). Maybe those people who forgot to ask you out were shy about asking you...? And I always said the same to my family, that I'd come out of university with more cash than anyone else! :P
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 61
martell
Please tell me they calm down after freshers week.... I don't think I can live with this all year.

When I make my way in to town, I'm either buying earplugs or cotton wool! I need my beauty sleep! *cough* :eek:

Just looked out of the window .. and the amount of mess outside is shocking - you'd think that people forgot how to act remotely civilised. :|
Reply 62
Caeleb
When I make my way in to town, I'm either buying earplugs or cotton wool! I need my beauty sleep! *cough* :eek:

Next time I go into town, i'm getting water balloons. If they insist on standing outside my window and yelling, they're gonna get hit. :wink:
Reply 63
martell
Next time I go into town, i'm getting water balloons. If they insist on standing outside my window and yelling, they're gonna get hit. :wink:

Hahaha! That's what I like to hear! :biggrin:

Anyway, seems like they've quietened down now - think I'll try and go back to sleep. Good luck to you too!
Reply 64
spurslad22
Hey Tom, do you know anywhere we could watch the tottenham game on thursday? its on itv4, so I cant pick it up on my telly.

origins have enough tvs that if you ask them behind the bar, they'll end up letting you watch it on at least one of them, I did that for the grand prix
Reply 65
Caeleb
My name is Aaron, and I'm studying Politics and International Relations with a year in Japan at the University of Kent at Canterbury. I'm living in Nickle Court 5/C in Parkwood.

Hey Aaron, how was that meeting today- after asking about it I stupidly didn't go!
Anyway, I'm in 10/B Ellenden Court Parkwood, that's quite near to you. I'm doing Politcs and IR by the way, but not the year in Japan-although that sounds fun- I am doing a module about japan!
Who wants to to Canterbury today?
Reply 66
Smashlite
Hey Aaron, how was that meeting today- after asking about it I stupidly didn't go!
Anyway, I'm in 10/B Ellenden Court Parkwood, that's quite near to you. I'm doing Politcs and IR by the way, but not the year in Japan-although that sounds fun- I am doing a module about japan!
Who wants to to Canterbury today?

Lmao. I overslept by loads! :frown: Though I'm pretty sure I know how to work WebCT.. so I am hoping I didn't miss anything too important. I'm sure that we could just ask around!

If you don't mind, I'll try and find you in about 20 mins or so and we can chat about politics, uni or whatever. :P Reply if you don't mind!

I'm also doing a module about Japan - is it one about culture and politics of the country (spring module)? :P
Reply 67
sure that's fine, i'm still not dressed but..i can do that quickly!
Reply 68
Smashlite
sure that's fine, i'm still not dressed but..i can do that quickly!

I'll be there about 12:00 then
Reply 69
me and caeleb just had a rocking time, we went to Canterbury and stuff.
who's next???
Smashlite
me and caeleb just had a rocking time, we went to Canterbury and stuff.
who's next???

hi ... i'm doing politics and IR ... not really met anyone doing the course yet ... you guys upto much this evening?
Reply 71
i'm actually playing badminton at 6...shouldn't be too long though. not sure what i'm doing tonight. we should meet up sometime and have a lively debate about why caeleb's political viewpoint is wrong!
...only joking.
see if we can sort something out when i come back?
Reply 72
random_bloke
hi ... i'm doing politics and IR ... not really met anyone doing the course yet ... you guys upto much this evening?

Tell me where you live and I'll come and find you (like I found Smashlite - got lost multiple times!)

I was gonna go to the Ministry of Sound, but only if I could find a friend to go with. :P Though, I can pass. ;p
Smashlite
i'm actually playing badminton at 6...shouldn't be too long though. not sure what i'm doing tonight. we should meet up sometime and have a lively debate about why caeleb's political viewpoint is wrong!
...only joking.
see if we can sort something out when i come back?

sounds good to me ... 07828496115 .. text me.
Caeleb
Tell me where you live and I'll come and find you (like I found Smashlite - got lost multiple times!)

I was gonna go to the Ministry of Sound, but only if I could find a friend to go with. :P Though, I can pass. ;p

28/a lypeatt court
Reply 75
So I met up with random_bloke and we went for a chat! Nice bloke! ;p

See, I'll work my way through you all - there's no escape! :biggrin:
Reply 76
Caeleb

See, I'll work my way through you all - there's no escape! :biggrin:

Oh yeah? Well I'm an enigma wrapped in a mystery secured in a loner :p:

My first fire alarm test is tommorow morning :s-smilie: However despite generally getting to sleep around 1:00 ish I've still been waking up at 8. Slowly I'm getting over my terrible direction sense, and I've yet to get lost.

And I've decided any money left over from my freshers week fund may go to a binge on Amazon.co.uk fund :biggrin:
Reply 77
Truered
Oh yeah? Well I'm an enigma wrapped in a mystery secured in a loner :p:

My first fire alarm test is tommorow morning :s-smilie: However despite generally getting to sleep around 1:00 ish I've still been waking up at 8. Slowly I'm getting over my terrible direction sense, and I've yet to get lost.

And I've decided any money left over from my freshers week fund may go to a binge on Amazon.co.uk fund :biggrin:

I actually want to binge too on amazon as well.. so many nice things I could get! :O But I imagine that I'll be spending lots on books! >< Hope not too much, and I'm wondering if I can get them out of the library or just make my notes there.. mmm, I wonder. ;o)

We already had our fire alarm. :P I forgot about it and was like.. "omg... sooo tired, what's going on?!!?!?"

So whereabouts do you live?! I'll have to come on a visit tomorrow!
Reply 78
"Dear Students

I notice that the attendance at the WebCT training session today (Tuesday 18th Sept) at 10am in COLT1 was pretty poor. We are holding another training session on Wednesday 26th Sept at 1pm in COLT1 in the Gulbenkian Theatre. This session will teach you how to submit your Politics essays/coursework through Turnitin in WebCT. This is an essesntial session so please make sure you attend.

Could I also please stress the importance of checking your University email over the new few weeks as there might be some importance notices for you.

Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes

Gemma Chapman
Office Supervisor
Dept of Politicis and International Relations"

Damn. :frown:
Reply 79
Caeleb
I actually want to binge too on amazon as well.. so many nice things I could get! :O But I imagine that I'll be spending lots on books! >< Hope not too much, and I'm wondering if I can get them out of the library or just make my notes there.. mmm, I wonder. ;o)

We already had our fire alarm. :P I forgot about it and was like.. "omg... sooo tired, what's going on?!!?!?"

So whereabouts do you live?! I'll have to come on a visit tomorrow!

I happen to dwell in Tyler Court A. I'm in 263.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending