University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

I actually think it's pretty good.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
It's not terrible, but yea.. if it ain't broke why fix it?
Reply 3
I quite like it, it looks pretty and isn't any more difficult to navigate
Reply 4
They had to make it fit in with the new templates, although its very mimilalistic and not obvious as to where various web pages are.

I personally dont like the fact that on the new site, anyone in the world can get your email address and course simply by typing in a first name or surname...
Reply 5
They could have done a much better job of the homepage, but once you navigate past that everything seems pretty much the same to me (tho i normally don't go far from the maths/stats pages so i may be mistaken)..
Reply 6
it looks nice but now i have no clue where to go.
Reply 7
I HATE it and much prefer the old design. They've also done a complete redesign of my.wbs which I believe is even more shocking:frown: .
Reply 8
Frankly it just looks like they forgot to turn off the Caps Lock when designing it. Needs a lot of work to make it better.
Reply 9
Agreed, I hate it too. The old one was so much better!
Reply 10
timekeeper

I personally dont like the fact that on the new site, anyone in the world can get your email address and course simply by typing in a first name or surname...

How does one do that? I can't find a way...

Front page aside I don't really have any problems with the website aesthetics - my department site for example was revamped months ago and looks pretty good. Other than I wish the professors would update some of the modules, it would be nice to know what I'm doing and when I'm doing it this year (personal timetable still doesn't help with that).
Reply 11
i think its great to be honest, each to their own i suppose!
I think the homepage is a waste. For first time visitors fair enough but for everyone else it's just one more page you have to click through to find what you want. Having insite as the home page for students would be much more useful.
timekeeper

Good point, a simple script could strip out all the email address for spammers :s-smilie: would be better if it was behind the Warwick login.
theArchitect
I think the homepage is a waste. For first time visitors fair enough but for everyone else it's just one more page you have to click through to find what you want. Having insite as the home page for students would be much more useful.

Insite is just two clicks away from the homepage: just click on the "QUICK LINKS" tab.

I don't know what all the fuss is about, the site is clearer than ever and is esthetically pleasing (however, like davem, I rarely venture outside of the maths dept website :smile:)
Reply 15
I emailled them saying it was a threat for spammers, but they ignored me!
I think its alright. I like it. The only thing they could have done better is the home page. It could do with being a little more 'welcoming'
Reply 17
andyjim123
i think its great to be honest, each to their own i suppose!

:ditto: I think it looks pretty cool and modern, good revamp.
Reply 18
tomdav
:ditto: I think it looks pretty cool and modern, good revamp.

well mr. tomdav, you've obviously just got good taste :biggrin:
Reply 19
ever so slightly on topic...

Does anyone have any favourites saved up you can share, which are handy? I cant seem to get to anything anymore...

Latest