The Student Room Group

Would an HND be enough?

Hey everybody,

I was the student who did not get into the Korean Degree, and was going to do an HND in Digital Journalism. I am pretty excited about it, as it covers both traditional methods and new methods, such as podcasting. It also teaches web design, and we should have our own fully functioning web page by the end among the learning the use of cameras etc.

So I have decided what to do, I want to do this HND, finish it, and then apply for the Korean Degree, 26 is still young enough to get a decent job early and I basically wish to be working in Korea sometime soon by that, to all who don't know, My dream is to live in Korea and work as a journalist there. Thanks to everyone here, I am certain on what to do. What I wanted to ask was basically, would the HND in Digital Journalism be enough to get in. I was working on the pros and cons and it seemed like this:

Pros
1. HND is just below a degree, which shows I am able to learn at a high level.
2. 22 would mean I am more mature than other students joining [although younger than others.]

Cons
1. No Language A-Level [Although it is preferred not vital]
2. A Levels not good enough [got BCD and an AS [c] but they want 3 B's]

What do you think, closer to the time, I will speak to the university to find out, but I just wanted to get your view on what will the HND do for my chances?

Latest

Trending

Trending