The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

biological science, biochemistry, biology, chemistry, human biology .....
in some cases, art history, musical engineering, media studies...

go figure
Reply 3
gem
biological science, biochemistry, biology, chemistry, human biology .....

i never knew that biological science you could get into medicine with that
shar7p
what degress can you do that are siuitable for graduate entry for medicine

all i know of is biomedical science and mibomedical engineering...are there any more?

Er...what is mibomedical engineering??
Reply 5
graemematt
Er...what is mibomedical engineering??

sorry i meant biomedical engineering
Reply 6
gem
well, i thought you could get into medicine with biological science - maybe im wrong

im not sure-i hope i can though with biological science
who can i contact to find out which degrees are suitable for medicine grad entry?
Reply 7
gem
medical schools? So, your not trying for undergraduate mediicne?

i hope to apply for medicine as a graduate in the future-so i need a suitable science degree
Any life science degree ought to be suitable...

Why not apply for undergraduate medicine? Isn't the competition for graduate-entry medicine even more fierce?
ye i thought it was more fierce.
Reply 10
is microbiology a suitable degree?

im doing the alevel chemistry in 1 year-,and i got AB in bio and english..i planned to apply for medicine after a2 results,take a gap year- as i ddint want to apply this year as i was unsure- but incase i dont get AAA in alevel results
im applying for a science degree this spetember as a back up incase i dont have the grades to apply after A2 results for undegrad medicine
i know that grad entry med is much more competitive but its back up incase i dont get the grades next year
It'll cost a FORTUNE to do medicine as a grad in 2010...just warning you.
Reply 12
graemematt
It'll cost a FORTUNE to do medicine as a grad in 2010...just warning you.

how much will it cost?
http://www.medschoolsonline.co.uk/index.php?pageid=11

you can also apply for the 5 yr course at some places with any degree
Reply 14
welcome_to_the_jungle
http://www.medschoolsonline.co.uk/index.php?pageid=11

you can also apply for the 5 yr course at some places with any degree

^ thanks

how much will it cost?

The fees cap is coming off...so universities could charge whatever they wanted...fears are US undergrad style prices are coming.
Reply 16
so is biology a suitable degree?
shar7p
so is biology a suitable degree?

Yes. As I mentioned earlier, ANYTHING is a suitable degree for a lot of places. But if your interest lies with medicine, I'd do biomedical sciences, or something with a lot of anatomy/physiology behind it. But if you want to do something slightly less conventional, then go for it, as you may not enjoy 3 years of your life if you pick something you may not enjoy simply for the sake of believing you have a better chance of graduate medical school...
yeah it's stupid picking a really "good" subject if you end up with a 2.2 at the end coz you can't do it/don't like it. i'd really consider focussing on getting your grades this year, also resitting A levels can be done, i know at least 3 people in my year who got in after resitting. it's way cheaper and a lot easier. graduate entry is crazy stuff.....
RESIT your Alevels (have you even sat your A2s yet?!) and take a GAP year.

You will probably get disillusioned with a science degree because its hard work and if you don't enjoy it - its even harder. Take it from me.

Latest

Trending

Trending