Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The "Ask a Durham Student" Thread :)

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Most colleges will let you store things in your bed box over holidays, though I'm not sure what the policy is in Mary's. I suggest you give the college secretary a call and they'd be more than happy to tell you.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loggins)
    Most colleges will let you store things in your bed box over holidays, though I'm not sure what the policy is in Mary's. I suggest you give the college secretary a call and they'd be more than happy to tell you.
    Be careful handing out this information when you're not sure about the policy between colleges - it can vary quite a lot, even WITHIN a college.

At Trevs, for example, if you're in a refurbished rooms you can lock stuff in a cupboard but if you're not in a refurbished room then you can leave stuff in the cupboard but it's not lockable so anyone using your room during the vacation can access it. Bit random I know!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ok, when I said "Most" I meant "Some". I did strongly reccommend calling Mary's to check though...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    And if anyone fancies finding more out about Aidan's, Physics, or Durham Uni Women's Football, point them my way...
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I generally know everything about Durham, for I am a God. So ask me anything, and I shall answer (within a reasonable period of time).

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure I lost some dirty washing when I left some stuff in my cupboard over the easter holidays in 1st year.

That stuff is going to go for loads on eBay in a few years time.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    I generally know everything about Durham, for I am a God. So ask me anything, and I shall answer (within a reasonable period of time).

Where can you get slush puppies from? (preferably strawberry) The nearer to Aidan's the better.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, does it have to be the specific brand "Slush Puppy"? Because I know Humby's Sweet Shop in the indoor market stock a variety of fruity slush drinks, though I'm not sure if they're the real Slush Puppy deal :cool:....
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    if they're crushed ice and taste nice they'll do
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    They definitely have the slush puppy plastered all over the machines, though I've never had one and who knows what's actually in them...
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    They definitely have the slush puppy plastered all over the machines, though I've never had one and who knows what's actually in them...
    Surely the contents are...slushed puppies? This is what I have been led to believe for the past 22 years of my life...is it not true?

I wondered why when my dog died I hacked his leg off and put it in the blender it didn't taste anything like Slush Puppies, I thought I just did something wrong in the process
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    Surely the contents are...slushed puppies? This is what I have been led to believe for the past 22 years of my life...is it not true?

I wondered why when my dog died I hacked his leg off and put it in the blender it didn't taste anything like Slush Puppies, I thought I just did something wrong in the process
    You forgot the ice and food colouring. Simple mistake ;console;
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    You forgot the ice and food colouring. Simple mistake ;console;
    Aw bugger. Well I was only young.....17!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loggins)
    Hmm, does it have to be the specific brand "Slush Puppy"? Because I know Humby's Sweet Shop in the indoor market stock a variety of fruity slush drinks, though I'm not sure if they're the real Slush Puppy deal :cool:....
    that's where i was gonna say i love that place. 20 wham bars for a pound? yes please!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Humby's FTW ! I used to waddle down there every lunch time when I was a fat little school kid , *reminisces*...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidekick)
    that's where i was gonna say i love that place. 20 wham bars for a pound? yes please!
    Wham bars???
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angus_mcfisher)
    Wham bars???
    are you saying you dont know what wham bars are??? oh dear. oh dearrrr.

loggins: :five: yay for sweeties
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    sidekick: !
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidekick)
    are you saying you dont know what wham bars are??? oh dear. oh dearrrr.

loggins: :five: yay for sweeties
    Psh, everyone knows refresher bars are far superior. :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    Psh, everyone knows refresher bars are far superior. :p:
    Right on Becca! Becca knows where its at! :five: Yay for Refreshers! :p:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 27, 2014
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.