The Student Room Group
Reply 1
tuition fees (£3000 per year)
books/course stuff (£100 per year, depending on what is required)

Obviously that's on top of living expenses, perhaps...travel expenses?
What are you interested in, up front costs or total costs? Tuition fees sound like a lot, but they are payable only after you are in a job earning over the threshold amount (just like the student loan). For up-front costs you need to factor in living expenses and course equipment only.
Reply 3
Would I be right in thinking that she would be an international student? If so, the tuition fees are a lot higher than those quoted above.
You would need to ask the university how much their international fees are - I think most places are around £8000-9000 per year at the moment for non-EU countries.
Lizj
Would I be right in thinking that she would be an international student? If so, the tuition fees are a lot higher than those quoted above.
You would need to ask the university how much their international fees are - I think most places are around £8000-9000 per year at the moment for non-EU countries.

I think it's actually more than that, at least at SOAS it's £ 10920 for 2007/2008, expected to go up for 2008/2009.

Also, for accomodation it will be quite expensive if she wants to live close to the school, being that Westminister is so central and all that. I don't know what that estimate would be though... 100-300-ish a week? Someone (anybody) else is more qualified to answer that one.
Reply 5
Central London accommodation prices vary hugely, but as a (very) rough guide you're looking at about £100-£160pw, which may or may not include bills etc, and then obviously you've got food/travel/general living expenses on top of that.

Latest

Trending

Trending