The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hi there,

I may not need your opinion or comment on this specific MBA programme. However, I would like to know how people rate this school in UK in general. Is it a decent school?

Any comment is welcome. Thank you very much

John
Reply 2
Royal Holloway is a good school.
Reply 3
Thanks....

any other comments?
I think Royal Holloway's reputation academically is okay.

The degree in Hong Kong is a good idea because I would not recommend studying at RHUL.
Reply 5
What subject are you doing cybersam4000 and at what level? You seem very very anti RH!

ETS: having now read your posts re RH, no wonder you find Egham and the campus boring after studying at Sussex and being so close to Brighton; plus it's expensive because you're in Surrey and 40mins from central London.

All stuff you would have known before applying to RH!

In response to the OP, RH has a good reputation
I know somebody who went there and said she really liked it.
my bro at RHUL likes it, i also like the place, seems nice. bonus of being near to london if you need it, but far enough away not to feel like you are not there
Stickyvix
What subject are you doing cybersam4000 and at what level? You seem very very anti RH!

ETS: having now read your posts re RH, no wonder you find Egham and the campus boring after studying at Sussex and being so close to Brighton; plus it's expensive because you're in Surrey and 40mins from central London.

All stuff you would have known before applying to RH!

In response to the OP, RH has a good reputation

PhD in geophysics.

Yes I expected it to be expensive in general but thought this would be ok seeing as I get £10,000 more to spend each year. Still I feel poorer than ever. I did not know that it costs so much to get into the union and to join each sports club and gym for example (I had judged the prices to be slightly higher than other uni's).

I did think it would be more boring but I thought this would be ok seeing as I have to study harder (and hopefully would encourage me to study harder). Unfortunately there's nothing going on at all so when you do want to let your hair down you can't...you have to plan in advance. I had asked several PGs at my interview what the nightlife was like and they said it was fine, obviously lying as they've changed their tunes now I'm here. I also looked online and it seemed people thought it was ok and that London didn't take so long to get to, but again I've found that information to be not entirely correct. Yes we are 41 mins from central london (on a fast train) but the last train is so early you can't really go out for the night there (I've had to run back many a time and it's also expensive if you do go into london a lot). I'd like to add that Brighton is only 49 mins from central london but does not rely on that fact.

There was also a lot of ppl that said the union was fantastic, but I can't agree at all, there are much better clubs that cost £1 to get in and keep going until 6am, but not anywhere near here. I'm very much a pub person though, and again most close early and the whole town is dead! Thankfully the happy man is a good pub but that shuts early too.

All this I could probably deal with if the atmosphere was better but it's not. There's no freedom, it's all restriction, it's not a nice atmosphere to learn in (in my experience). The services at this uni are appauling, which ties in with the general atmosphere for me. I'm hoping it will get better in the summer...

Unfortunately I overlooked the expense and how boring it would be because I thought in most other respects it would match up to Sussex (if not excel Sussex as RH is higher in the league tables) but it doesn't come close :frown:

At least the Founders building is pretty, there are nice trees and windsor park is near-by so there are some decent walks to be had. Still I prefer the downs...

I may be annoying some of you who love the place but I really have to express my views incase someone is reading this (as I had done last year) and gets a very biased opinion of the place.

Latest

Trending

Trending