The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
female_engineer
OK then :redface:. I've never touched on stuff like relativity in my A-level so obviously my interest in physics has come from the stuff like Newtons laws and mechanics, which if I will be becoming 'intimately aquainted' with then that's fine for me.

Hehe :biggrin:

As an aero eng, you'll be becoming very intimate with Mr Navier and Mr Stokes! :biggrin:
shiny
Hehe :biggrin:

As an aero eng, you'll be becoming very intimate with Mr Navier and Mr Stokes! :biggrin:

Mr Stokes is already a favourite of mine :rolleyes:, I enjoyed learning about him in the unit where I got to experiment with honey and ball bearings :biggrin:
Reply 22
female_engineer
Mr Stokes is already a favourite of mine :rolleyes:, I enjoyed learning about him in the unit where I got to experiment with honey and ball bearings :biggrin:

You'll prob do that experiment again! :biggrin:

Flow around a sphere is a classic fluids experiment for undergrads!
shiny
You'll prob do that experiment again! :biggrin:

Flow around a sphere is a classic fluids experiment for undergrads!

Yay!! :biggrin:
Reply 24
Okay, and I thought I was vaguely strange!

I enjoy doing maths and physics but I wanted some type of guarantee I wouldn't end up dead in the water come employment (though clearly mathematicians and physicists have far reaching importance!). So I decided to opt for an engineering type course (electronics and electrical eng.).

I'm hedging my bets slightly on this being the way I want to go though I have interest in this area (more microelectronics and the maths involved there). I might combine with physics but we'll see, I'd like to think us engineers have a decent grasp of physics. Not just sub-standard physicists who're more interested in building things! Though more likely than not I'm completely wrong :frown:

We need more engineers in this country!

Latest

Trending

Trending