The Student Room Group

Music Qualifications in UCAS

So I've achieved grade 5 theory and grade 8 flute both on ABRSM. I've also achieved an ATCL diploma with Trinity.

Firstly, I've found the "Music Qualifications (ABRSM or equivalent)" qualification int he list but I don't know where to put this qualification. Right now, they're all under my school as the examination centre, but I didn't technically take the exams through the school, I did them privately with my teacher and stuff O_o So is it ok to leave the qualifications under my current school or should I b putting them somewhere else?

Secondly, they didn't really have a qualification for the ATCL diploma. I took the recital diploma... I tried typing "ATCL Recital" in the 'other' box rather than choose a level but the 'other' box had limited space and I could only manage 'ATCL Recit', which leads me to believe that maybe there's a better way of including this qualification?? Also, would the exam board be 'Trinity' Or 'Trinity Guildhall'?? Because I know they merged but does that mean both trinity and guildhall are called trinity guildhall or is only guildhall referred to as Trinity Guildhall now? (lol sorry that sounds a little confusing...)

Anyway, thanks for any advice you can give! :biggrin:
Reply 1
If you have certificates for your music grades, you'll find the info about your exam centres on there. Or you could ask your teacher, or contact the exam boards directly.
Reply 2
Way! another flautist!! :biggrin: Anyway... I think that Trinity and Guildhall are referred to as Trinity Guildhall now but I'm not sure as I did my exams with ABRSM, your teacher will know though. Your teacher will also be able to help you with the centre number for the places you took your exams. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending