The Student Room Group

Please please help .. declining grades deadline??

hey everyone,

sorry but this is really really urgent. I heard the deadline for declining grades is on the 20th septmeber which is on thursday!
Bascially, i dont want to put down my mediocre AS grades as i think it will ruin my chances (and yes i know the unis get a copy of them this year but still) but my referee has been very vague and not in school for ages and he said that the school has cashed them in automatically and he knows nothing of declining grades.

The question is -
1)can you do this privatley?
2)how would i go about doin this and is it too late - i mean the deadline is in 2 days.
3)Is it also possible just to decline 1 AS grade or would that look suspicious?
And, sorry last question-
4)if you have declined, does that mean that you dont have to put down the module grades as well??

Please please help....

Reply 1
someone.... im getting really nervous!
Reply 2
1)can you do this privatley?

I dont think so. You must talk to ur exams officer about whether the cashing in code was submitted. If it was im not sure what happens as im interested in this too.

Is it also possible just to decline 1 AS grade or would that look suspicious?

U can do this with no problem. you can decline the grade you were given and take some units again.
Reply 3
oh ok thank youu - will go and ask the officer again tommorow ... wish me luck she already said no once! lol.
:smile:
Reply 4
same here i gotta go and talk about this to that prick of an exams officer. I had no idea about this all happening.
Reply 5
I missed the decline deadline, I wanted to re-sit my C in sociology... and i'm not taking it at A-level, so will I still get a chance to do it again? Or is there no chance at all?
Reply 6
did u speak to ur exams officer at all. If ur schools like mine, then they dont cashin the results till A2

Latest

Trending

Trending