The Student Room Group

acounting and finance cant decide which uni

I am currently in A2 and applyin for uni's i have picked 4 uni's so far loughborough, leeds, newcastle and durham all these universities offer year placements. My AS levels was

A-Business
B-Maths thoroughly dissapointed lol predicted an A for next year
C-Chem (salters) predicted B by teachr for A level
D- Bio obviously dropped lol

Gcse maths was A and English B and all sciences A's

Realistically how likely to get a place am I from these four universities and can you give me some ideas of a 5th choice (placements preferable)
Reply 1
lucasm
I am currently in A2 and applyin for uni's i have picked 4 uni's so far loughborough, leeds, newcastle and durham all these universities offer year placements. My AS levels was

A-Business
B-Maths thoroughly dissapointed lol predicted an A for next year
C-Chem (salters) predicted B by teachr for A level
D- Bio obviously dropped lol

Gcse maths was A and English B and all sciences A's

Realistically how likely to get a place am I from these four universities and can you give me some ideas of a 5th choice (placements preferable)

The likelihood of you getting in depends what the individual uni's requirements are and how likely it is that u'll meet them...e.g. Durham only want BBB - of course you have to sell yourself in your PS aswell.
Regarding a 5th choice, loads of unis offer an integrated placement, Aberdeen, Dundee (although I wouldn't particularly recommend either of those :p: ) you really need to scroll through UCAS and refine your search, something like
http://search.ucas.co.uk/cgi-bin/hsrun/search/search/StateId/RcPLYGD7l83ntT1LtCvVoxzPTGRRA-3TIL/HAHTpage/search.HsKeywordSuggestion.whereNext?query=258&word=FINANCE&single=N
As you are doing maths & business there are also loads of different & interesting combos available, Bristol offers a well-rounded course including elements of IT but its heavily based quantitive methods...you really need to check out the individual detals of each course b4 u decide.
Hope this helps
Lancaster has partnerships with E&Y if you want to try.

I think they want AAB though, or ABB for normal degree.

Latest

Trending

Trending