The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

So bus or bike??

Going from a flat in the new town to King's buildings everyday... early morning lecutres (Grrr).
Anyway, any other 3rd or 4th yr students have any advice on whether I should get a 2nd hand bike and cycle down and struggle up hill on the way home, or should I get a bus pass and take the city bus?? I tried to look up bus routes but nothing seems to go directly to the King's buildings..
I know I could walk ~ 15-20 min over to George Sq and get the shuttle bus, but the city buses seem to run more frequently. Problem is they seem to just go the Cameron Toll shopping centre, not over to the Kings buildings. I'll need a bus pass for stuff other than uni so it seems the most sensible option ... Essentially I'm looking for the fastest route.
Reply 1
The 41 goes to Kings Buildings iirc :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
thx. but if I look at the bus schedule the 41 bus from say the mound nr the castle doesn't go all the way to the kings buildings one all routes...There are #41 busses leaving ~ every 10 min, but only a couple seem to go all the way down to the King's buildings for some reason. e.g. 7:37am, 7:55am and 8:26am
Maybe I'm reading the schedule wrong?? but it's blank for most of the stops at the King's buildings...
42 goes through Stockbridge, etc to KB....

Failing that, get a bus to GS and use the free shuttle bus? 23/27 are every 5 minutes going to the George Square area!
Oh, plus the 24. Or you could get one of the numerous buses from New town to Cameron Toll (5 min walk to KB).
Or, get a bike and keep fit.

Latest

Trending

Trending