The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
its the end of the week and still havent heard anything, theres only a few weeks left
University of York
York
Reply 21
There are two weeks left. I'm trying to make travel arrangements and York wont tell me what day I can move in. Still not college or room at all. I called them up again and they said to ring next Wednesday because I haven't been allocated accommodation yet. :frown:
Reply 22
I would rely on it being the Sunday, very few move in on the Saturday and most are Halifax I think.
Reply 23
Yeah, that's what they said.

I can't see me being allocated anything half decent now. All the good rooms (if not all the rooms) will have being given out by now. I shouldn't have handed in my application on the day if the results I think... :frown:
Reply 24
Ozy
Yeah, that's what they said.

I can't see me being allocated anything half decent now. All the good rooms (if not all the rooms) will have being given out by now. I shouldn't have handed in my application on the day if the results I think... :frown:

I highly doubt all the good rooms have been given out, i was allocated yesterday and i got a brand new ensuite room
Reply 25
Juncture
I highly doubt all the good rooms have been given out, i was allocated yesterday and i got a brand new ensuite room

Haha, we'll see. I don't think I'm going to be allocated anything at this rate. I feel like I'm the only one left who doesn't know for sure that they have a room to stay in at uni.
Reply 26
You are guaranteed a room, dont forget that! As someone said they are still allocating the brand new Vanburgh rooms.
Reply 27
I still don't know lol I asked for 33 week ensuite if thats any use to any one :smile:
Reply 28
alastair
You are guaranteed a room, dont forget that! As someone said they are still allocating the brand new Vanburgh rooms.

The ones that aren't finished yet? :p:
Reply 29
Yes, those ones! They did that with Alcuin in my third year and I think they only missed the deadline by a couple of days so they may reach it, havent been past campus lately, might go for a wander there tomorrow!
Reply 30
Just as a note, and I have this on very good authority:

York don't operate a first-come, first-served basis for their accommodation!

That will be all.
Reply 31
Dez
Just as a note, and I have this on very good authority:

York don't operate a first-come, first-served basis for their accommodation!

That will be all.

Very obvious. I sent in my application the day my offer became 'unconditional' and they haven't given me anything. My mate sent in his application a week before the deadline and got his first choice. A bit crap really.
Reply 32
This is stupid - it's 2 weeks before we go and i don't have a clue where i'm living - with there been few people to place there's obviously few rooms less which obviously means i'm less likely to get what I requested anyway.

So why did I bother filling out the form :frown:
Reply 33
kexy
So why did I bother filling out the form :frown:

For ****s and giggles?

It's not like we are going to get our preferences now, even if we did hand it is really early. It's random.

If I knew it was going to be based on luck and their whim, I would have sent a bribe along with my application. I'm rubbish at trying to with the lottery. :frown:
Reply 34
You people worry too much.
Reply 35
w00t i'm in Vanbrugh! I hope i'm in the new accom.!!!
Reply 36
Post has just come - nothing at all. I'm going to ring them at 11 if evision hasn't updated.

it's like torture :P
Reply 37
Hi guys, I just want to offer some reassurance.

I'm a second year student but applying for on campus accommodation as last year I didn't complete the year and so don't really know anybody at York!

I've spoken to the accommodation office and the manager there, and he told me off the record that numbers of people applying for first year accommodation this year are down so there should be space for even me. So I wouldn't worry too much, I think it's more a case of administrative problems rather than space issues.

After all, it would have been very irresponsible of the manager there to advise me he thought it likely id be offered accommodation if he wasn't quite confident, having done some summer work in a professional position you're liable for everything you say so you tend to say as little as possible if you can :tongue:.

Nice bunch though, sound a bit overworked. Just reassurance though that they've not run out of rooms and they're not giving you the rubbish ones, it's just a headache to sort everyone out. I'm sure if you come up with a mathematical solution to how to sort people into rooms the best there's like a £1million prize. P vs NP or something? :confused: lol
Reply 38
Got my details. :smile:
Lawrence's Court, House S ; room 13.
Reply 39
kexy
Got my details. :smile:
Lawrence's Court, House S ; room 13.

Did you just phone up?

Latest

Trending

Trending