The Student Room Group

clinical psychologist

Ok depending on my grades at A - Level, I intended to do a BSc in Psychology and Criminology, after that I have 3 ideas on my mind and I want to know which is the more prosporuous, and any information on the 3 ideas.

These 3 ideas being:

Clinical Psychologist, how long is training, information about the job?
Forensic Psychologist,how long is training, information about the job?
and
Teaching Psychology in sixth form colleges, how long is teacher training, and is there vacancies in this field?

PLS HELP!!!!
Reply 1
I thought you needed a medicine degree?
Reply 2
young_free

Not for Psychology.
mattchapman86
Ok depending on my grades at A - Level, I intended to do a BSc in Psychology and Criminology, after that I have 3 ideas on my mind and I want to know which is the more prosporuous, and any information on the 3 ideas.

These 3 ideas being:

and
Teaching Psychology in sixth form colleges, how long is teacher training, and is there vacancies in this field?

PLS HELP!!!!
http://www.bps.org.uk/careers/careers.cfm
Reply 4
mattchapman86

These 3 ideas being:

and

PLS HELP!!!!

clinical psych-takes 3 yrs post grad and to get onto a course u are expected to have 2 yrs of relevant experience post degree!
pay starts at 20 grand but at top level you can get 60 grand
forensic psych takes 3 years as well and will require relevant experince and reading in forensic field.
pay is the same as clinical and main employer is the prison seervice. Dont believe the fiction books...u'll rarely be profiling criminals!
has one of the highest professional burn out rates
teaching psych u need a psych degree with the course being at least 50% psych. also expected to have at least 2 weeks of experience in teaching that age group. i've looked for psych pgce's and havent found one yet but it is a growing field. PGCE takes a year and its a hell of a lot of work. then you have a 2 years probatioanry then ur a fully fledged teacher!
pay starts at 18 grand
Reply 5
umm im doing a degree in psych .. hopefully! but really dont think i want to be a psychologist! he he! x
Reply 6
Go to www.bps.org.uk. Warning though... it sounds like your degree may not be BPS accredited, which means you'd have to do extra training.
young_free

only for psychiatry. :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending