The Student Room Group
Reply 1
No you won't. Listen. Understand. Take good notes and read from them at home to build a greater understanding.
Reply 2
CGP books are good. Letts have more detailed notes. Heinmann is good as well.
Can't really choose the best 1=]
Avo
No you won't. Listen. Understand. Take good notes and read from them at home to build a greater understanding.

They asked for good revision guides, not for tips on what to do in class. I'm pretty sure they realise that they'll have to listen and understand, but they've asked for advice on extra resources to help them to do that. Get down off your high horse.

Anyway, OP, I do a different OCR Chemistry course (the Salters one), but I've found the book for my course that's the same as this one is really really useful.

I can't help with the other subjects because I don't do them (and with my biology course, I use the textbook that we use in class to revise from along with my notes, because it's really clear.

If I was you, I'd pop into Waterstones or whereever and have a look at the different available guides. Sometimes a certain revision guide really jumps out at you as being in a style that you like (I like mine to be split up into little chunks, but I hate the "revise *this subject* in a week" books because they don't go into enough detail!)
That's something I wanted to ask about actually, for AS level are you expected to revise using mainly your noted or do most people get revision guides?
Reply 5
Your own notes are the best things to revise from for a-level, that's what i found anyway.
Reply 6
Notes primarily, but then revision guides just to see how things are presented differently.
For OCR Biology/Chemistry i have just bought the "Essential" ones for A2, and ive heard that they are pretty good for AS as well....
If you can get a hold of revision guides in library or whatever just to look at, do that, then decide which one suits you best.
Reply 7
RosiePosiePuddingAndPie
They asked for good revision guides, not for tips on what to do in class. I'm pretty sure they realise that they'll have to listen and understand, but they've asked for advice on extra resources to help them to do that. Get down off your high horse.

Anyway, OP, I do a different OCR Chemistry course (the Salters one), but I've found the book for my course that's the same as this one is really really useful.

I can't help with the other subjects because I don't do them (and with my biology course, I use the textbook that we use in class to revise from along with my notes, because it's really clear.

If I was you, I'd pop into Waterstones or whereever and have a look at the different available guides. Sometimes a certain revision guide really jumps out at you as being in a style that you like (I like mine to be split up into little chunks, but I hate the "revise *this subject* in a week" books because they don't go into enough detail!)

STFU. I was just saying that reviewing notes are often the best form of revision. No need to be rude.
Reply 8
xRachelx
CGP books are good. Letts have more detailed notes. Heinmann is good as well.
Can't really choose the best 1=]

CGP are great for GCSEs because they contain all the facts but i find this is the same case for their AS books. Sure you get all the facts but they don't always make the understanding of the topics that easy.

Latest