The Student Room Group
Depends very much which company you're at, and within that which business department, who your manager is etc. Especially for law placements they often sit around with no work for three weeks; for finance it varies. I've got a lot on my plate and have worked weekends and done an all-nighter. My mate on his first day was told to program in Visual Basic.
"But I don't know VB..."
"Then learn it!"
Jools
Depends very much which company you're at, and within that which business department, who your manager is etc. Especially for law placements they often sit around with no work for three weeks; for finance it varies. I've got a lot on my plate and have worked weekends and done an all-nighter. My mate on his first day was told to program in Visual Basic.
"But I don't know VB..."
"Then learn it!"

If i'd been forced to do an all-nighter cos of the workload I would've been glad of sitting around with nothing to do!!
Reply 3
as jools said, it depends on the situation. even if it is boring you get paid and the references might get you a better job in the future.
Reply 4
If they asked me to do an all nighter I'd tell them where to stuff it.
BazTheMoney
If they asked me to do an all nighter I'd tell them where to stuff it.

I wouldn't have to if I didn't spend all day on this damn site.
2.10am, still here... :frown:
Reply 6
I did a few of 1am-ers, thankfully I was living in LSE accommodation so it was feasible to get back quite late and get a decent amount of sleep before starting the next morning.

Latest

Trending

Trending