The Student Room Group

Fifth choice of course.

I'm applying to dentistry, and have my application almost ready to go.

But, dentistry is all I've really been thinking about and don't know about what I want to put as my fifth option just yet.

I was wondering, if I send my application of with four choices, can I still add a choice after the dentistry deadline (October 15th) for another course for the later deadline?

I really just want to get my application sent off, but want to give it some more time for thinking about what I would put as a fifth.

Also, do universities see how many choises you have down?

Concidering I have a personal statemtn completly focusing on dentistry, I was wondering what the odds would be of me getting into a different course like accounts (at an okayish uni) for example?

thanks.
Reply 1
nitasha.
I'm applying to dentistry, and have my application almost ready to go.

But, dentistry is all I've really been thinking about and don't know about what I want to put as my fifth option just yet.

I was wondering, if I send my application of with four choices, can I still add a choice after the dentistry deadline (October 15th) for another course for the later deadline?

I really just want to get my application sent off, but want to give it some more time for thinking about what I would put as a fifth.

Also, do universities see how many choises you have down?

Concidering I have a personal statemtn completly focusing on dentistry, I was wondering what the odds would be of me getting into a different course like accounts (at an okayish uni) for example?

thanks.

My brother emailed the unis he was interested in before applying to see what the probability of getting an offer was, explaining that his personal statement was geared to vet med, he got replies some saying they realised medics only got 4 choices for med courses and were happy to make offers others stated they wouldn't make offers.
You don't have to put down a fifth at all if you don't want to.

And the universities will not be able to see how many or where else you have applied to.

You can add a fifth choice after sending it off if you want, but I think it has to be within two weeks *****not sure- don't take my word for it****

Hope that helps, and good luck with applications!
Reply 3
You can add an additional choice any time you like. You can even add it after January 15th, but it would be classed as a late application.

If you want to go through Extra, then you have to have used all 5 choices.

Unis don't see how many you've applied to or where else you've applied. They will get that information after you've chosen your firm and insurance though.

You could write a new PS for the new course, and send it directly to your 5th choice. Contact them before doing so, but they might let you send one to explain things.
I've
Reply 5
Lots of people apply to the same uni twice, it wont matter too much if you really want to go to Leeds then leave it.

Latest

Trending

Trending