The Student Room Group

Three A-levels but one "blacklisted" (Music Tech)

hi there
I'm 22 and thinking of applying to University, and am considering a career a solicitor. My grades at A level are A in German, B in History and C in Music technology. I didn't realise at the time because I was so into Music that it wasn't a very highly regarded A level for much other than Music tech courses.:rolleyes:

Do you think this would be a great disadvantage if I ever wanted to get into the legal field, say applying to firms? Do you think I would be able to remedy it by studying an A-level at home in say English lit or Economics or would this not count because it wasn't taken alongside the others? Finally, what about for other professions?

Thanks in advance,
Are you sure you want to go into the legal profession? Have you already studied for a degree? A degree is more importnat than the A levels.

Some uni's will not consider an A levels after your first sitting. Some will. You have to call and ask- they may be lenient seeing as though you will be a mature student. If they will consider the extra A level - go for it.

I'm assuming you want to study Law (llb that gives exemption toCPE/GDL) at degree level as opposed to something else and then the compulsory CPE/GDL; before the LPC. This, and the specific uni's you are thinking to apply to will have a bearing on whether or not your music tech. subject will be a hinderance or not. After that, so long as your degree is a 2:1 +(2:2 for some frims- don't rely on this though) you will be fine.
Reply 2
It wont really make much difference.

Latest