The Student Room Group

what unis can i get in with these grades?

i got this in AS levels

A in Biology
A in Bussiness studies
C in Chemistry (couple marks from a B)
E in Physics ( dropped it now)

i was wondering which unis i should apply for. i wanna apply for Aston, Portsmouth, Uclan and now i don't know which other two to choose. its between cardiff, east anglia, manchester and something else if my grades will allow it.

any suggestions would be welcomed. thanks :tsr2:
the physics was poor but you have dropped this now. them grades look fine to apply. i would recommend applying to Manchester and Nottingham. they are both very good for pharmacy...check out their pharmacy departments for offer grades, which are usually ABB.
good luck and get it sent off early then you have every chance to catch an early interview and hopefully get the offers.
Reply 2
ganghadin
the physics was poor but you have dropped this now. them grades look fine to apply. i would recommend applying to Manchester and Nottingham. they are both very good for pharmacy...check out their pharmacy departments for offer grades, which are usually ABB.
good luck and get it sent off early then you have every chance to catch an early interview and hopefully get the offers.

thanks for that. i might apply to manchester but i don't want Nottingham the uni seens too far from the city centre

i don't care about physics i wasn't even gonna go to the exam :p:
rosemkate
i got this in AS levels

A in Biology
A in Bussiness studies
C in Chemistry (couple marks from a B)
E in Physics ( dropped it now)

i was wondering which unis i should apply for. i wanna apply for Aston, Portsmouth, Uclan and now i don't know which other two to choose. its between cardiff, east anglia, manchester and something else if my grades will allow it.

any suggestions would be welcomed. thanks :tsr2:
It depends on your A2 predictions. Assuming you're being predicted As for Biology and Business, if you get predicted at least a B for Chemistry, you stand a very good chance at any Pharmacy university. Top ones include: Bath, Nottingham, Manchester, Cardiff, King's and LSOP. 'Insurance' ones, in my opinion, include: UEA, Brighton and Aston.
Reply 4
Mustard-man
It depends on your A2 predictions. Assuming you're being predicted As for Biology and Business, if you get predicted at least a B for Chemistry, you stand a very good chance at any Pharmacy university. Top ones include: Bath, Nottingham, Manchester, Cardiff, King's and LSOP. 'Insurance' ones, in my opinion, include: UEA, Brighton and Aston.

so you don't think i should go for portsmonth, uclan?
rosemkate
so you don't think i should go for portsmonth, uclan?
Based on reputation, I wouldn't apply to them. Should you or shouldn't you, is really up to you. There maybe other factors which you might be attracted to, such as certains aspects of the university itself, the city, etc.

Edit: I didn't even know UClan did Pharmacy!
Reply 6
Mustard-man
Based on reputation, I wouldn't apply to them. Should you or shouldn't you, is really up to you. There maybe other factors which you might be attracted to, such as certains aspects of the university itself, the city, etc.

Edit: I didn't even know UClan did Pharmacy!

they have a lower entry level only BBB which is why i want to apply there
rosemkate
they have a lower entry level only BBB which is why i want to apply there
To be honest, your question was 'you don't think i should go for portsmonth, uclan?'. I said I personally wouldn't apply to them based on reputation. But yeah, if you want a few backup choices, then it would be an okay idea, I guess. I say 'okay' because if you missed an ABB offer at Brigton / Aston / UEA by a grade, e.g. BBB, they'll likely to be lenient and accept you anyway. Hence why I listed them as 'insurance' ones in my first post...

Don't know if this was the case this year, but there's also the possibility of portsmouth and uclan being in clearing.
Apparently these were in clearing:

Sunderland
Hertfordshire
Portsmouth
Lancashire
Wolverhampton

So in your case, if you were to apply for Uclan and Portsmouth, it would be a waste of choices in my opinion, since those universities were in clearing this year and are likely to be in it again next year.
Reply 9
Mustard-man
Apparently these were in clearing:

Sunderland
Hertfordshire
Portsmouth
Lancashire
Wolverhampton

So in your case, if you were to apply for Uclan and Portsmouth, it would be a waste of choices in my opinion, since those universities were in clearing this year and are likely to be in it again next year.

thanks for the advice :smile:

i've decided not to go for portsmonth but i'll think about uclan. iam going for Aston, Manchester, Cardiff, Uea.

but thanks again i guess i'll have to choose a last choice
Definately need to get the C in chemistry up to a B. As long as your A2 predictions are at least ABB you'll be made offers from most of the good pharmacy schools. Your choices above seems good. Maybe applying for a lower offer one just as an insurance may be a wise move incase you don't get the grades at A2.
Reply 11
mysteryman
definitely need to get the C in chemistry up to a B. As long as your A2 predictions are at least ABB you'll be made offers from most of the good pharmacy schools. Your choices above seems good. Maybe applying for a lower offer one just as an insurance may be a wise move incase you don't get the grades at A2.

i know i can get a B in chemistry and my teachers are really cool so i'll get good predictions esp. my chemistry teacher he'll predict a D grade student an A :biggrin:

but thanks for the advice i was worried that i'll find it hard to get offers, just one more thing do you know which unis do interviews?
Reply 12
My provisional offer from LJMU was BBCC (i did 4 A2s and got AAAB) but of those who were doing 3 they offered BBC or BBB

Latest

Trending

Trending