Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ID to prove you are over 18....

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi was wondering if there was any form of ID which will prove you are over 18 apart from a passport or drivers license( full or provisional), will like student ID's work or the NUS card?? or oyster while we are at it (the student one by the way) hehe
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't you get an ID card when you turn 18?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 994504)
    like what
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't know exactly, I'm not 18 yet. :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 994504)
    no i don't think so. well i don't know anyone who got one.

I think the most accepted forms of ID is passport/driving lisense, couldn't you use these?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    hehe
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lea164)
    no i don't think so. well i don't know anyone who got one.

I think the most accepted forms of ID is passport/driving lisense, couldn't you use these?
    Well i cant be bothered to learn to drive so thats a no to that, dont want to carry round my passport so no to that as well, the provisional drivers one i might get but not sure if i should as i might not learn to drive for a fair amount of time
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty3)
    Well i cant be bothered to learn to drive so thats a no to that, dont want to carry round my passport so no to that as well, the provisional drivers one i might get but not sure if i should as i might not learn to drive for a fair amount of time
    i'm not driving, and haven't got any real intention to at the moment, but i've got a provisional just as proof of ID, the provisionals last for 10 years so might be worth getting for now.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nah you don't get an I.D. card, might change in a few years though. If you're talking about a nightclub I don't think a college I.D. card will cut it for them. I think you might have to reduce yourself to carrying your passport round with you.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Passport or drivers licence (full or provisional). Nothing else will really do. I've heard some places are refusing to take provisional licences but it's never happened to me so I don't know how true it is.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Student ID like a student card or UCAS E.T.C cant be used as ID, clubs, bars dont accept it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's something called a CitizenCard (I think), which claims to be official ID. It costs £9.
    • 78 followers

ReputationRep:
    Where I work, we'll only take a passport, driving licence, or a Portman Prove It card
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    yeah bars are only allowed to accept drivers license or passports.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I use my out of date passport and havent had any problems so far. Has anyone had any experiences where a bar wont accept an out of date passport? I cant really afford to renew it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been told off for using an out of date passport because you obviously look a lot younger as the pic was probably taken a while ago if it's expired
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't Britain have like an official ID card or anything?

In Finland, if you want an ID that works everywhere, you just go to the police, pay them like 30€ and they'll mail you one within a week.

It's great. The official ID also works as a travel document, so you don't need a passport at all in EU countries.

I'm surprised Britain doesn't have one available.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemz87)
    I've been told off for using an out of date passport because you obviously look a lot younger as the pic was probably taken a while ago if it's expired
    But did you get refused when you got told off?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HJV)
    Doesn't Britain have like an official ID card or anything?

In Finland, if you want an ID that works everywhere, you just go to the police, pay them like 30€ and they'll mail you one within a week.

It's great. The official ID also works as a travel document, so you don't need a passport at all in EU countries.

I'm surprised Britain doesn't have one available.
    I thought the CitizenCard was like that in Britain, but I could be wrong. Edit: Except you still need a passport!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Most Bars/Pubs/Nightclubs (atleast the ones where i have worked) will accept a valid Driving Licence, Passport or an ID card displaying the 'PASS' logo which are normally cheaper than driving licences or passports. So you have a choice of 3 really. You might get lucky at some places an be able to use student cards but thats a rarity

EDIT:
    (Original post by Gemz87)

this happened a few days ago where i work. The pic of the guy was like 10 years old and so could have been anyone, a friend or a sibling. Also the fact he had a wallet full of cards but none with the same name as the passport was also a bit of a give away lol

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2007
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.