Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

official Reading/Leeds Festival thread

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stu673)
    The Channel 4 coverage of V was absolutely ****. Ive already emailed and complained at them. There were only 2 bands I would have watched if I had gone (hence not paying £100 for a ticket...) they are Muse and The Pixies. Now they did show a bit of muse on sat night (2songs :rolleyes: ) but absolutely no sigh or even mention of the pixies on sunday! and they were co-headlining! It was the last date in the Uk of their 96 date world reunion tour! Why wouldnt they show it? its insane.

[/rant]

Anyway, all the major ticketing companies have issued weather warnings for Reading ticket holders in the last few hours and Mean Fiddler have also just updated the official site at http://www.readingfestival.com.

ITS GON' RAIN!
    Oh jesus. Walking boots, then. Can't wait...

Also, the V coverage just pissed me off. I flicked across to it a few times and all I could see was Vernon Kay gurning and thinking he was important, with hardly any coverage of actual music.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Muse are the only band I have ever heard who should have stayed in their garage. Why on earth would you want to see them? :confused: Unless it was hoping to see matt belamy hit himself in the mouth with his guitar again. What a gimp!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFi25)
    Muse are the only band I have ever heard who should have stayed in their garage.
    wash your mouth out!

:eek:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey! I'm heading down to reading tomorrow and its my first festival. Could people tell me what I should take etc and what would be useful!?
    cheeeeeers
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misty)
    hey! I'm heading down to reading tomorrow and its my first festival. Could people tell me what I should take etc and what would be useful!?
    cheeeeeers
    Check out the V2004 checklist thread - there are numerous things on there that you should bring.

A recent addition to my list of must-takes have been wellies and waterproof trousers. Infact I'm off out to buy them now. Tata!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misty)
    cheeeeeers
    A Boat
    Snorkels
    Rubber Ring
    Beer
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Word of advice - its gonna be wet! Take loads of binliners to keep your stuff in so at least you'll have dry clothes in the morning if your tent leaks!

Also, some of the main carparks are too waterlogged so have had to be closed, so you may get directed to an alternate one and have to get some kind of shuttle bus. The traffic was awful tonight going towards the festival site, and its only wednesday night and you had to pay extra if you wanted to camp tonight, so its gonna be a nightmare tomorrow!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    Word of advice - its gonna be wet! Take loads of binliners to keep your stuff in so at least you'll have dry clothes in the morning if your tent leaks!

Also, some of the main carparks are too waterlogged so have had to be closed, so you may get directed to an alternate one and have to get some kind of shuttle bus. The traffic was awful tonight going towards the festival site, and its only wednesday night and you had to pay extra if you wanted to camp tonight, so its gonna be a nightmare tomorrow!
    I'm planning to drive 2mrw and then go back in the evening. I should get into reading by 9.30 ish. Any chances of a space?!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    me and the other narb are having a sudden idea of actualy going to Reading again.

just gotta find a mate willing to give us a lift

the trains arent running and cost too much anyway
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    I'm planning to drive 2mrw and then go back in the evening. I should get into reading by 9.30 ish. Any chances of a space?!
    You should be ok if you're only driving for the day cos its a different car park...i'm not sure where the day car parks are though! Be prepared for the queue - my friends came down today and it took them 5 hours for what should be just over a 2 hour journey!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    You should be ok if you're only driving for the day cos its a different car park...i'm not sure where the day car parks are though! Be prepared for the queue - my friends came down today and it took them 5 hours for what should be just over a 2 hour journey!
    we took no chances and parked in oracle riverside.

what did everyone think?!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)

Did you walk to the site from the Oracle?! Bit of a trek!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)

Were you at Reading today? who'd ya see?

man, today's lineup was a good'un...would've bought tickets off a tout if It wasn't so muddy, and I wasn't so poor...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    Were you at Reading today? who'd ya see?

man, today's lineup was a good'un...would've bought tickets off a tout if It wasn't so muddy, and I wasn't so poor...
    good effot if i did! only finished 5 mins ago! I went yesterday.

Did you walk to the site from the Oracle?! Bit of a trek!
    It was! bUt we got out quick!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    good effot if i did! only finished 5 mins ago! I went yesterday.

It was! bUt we got out quick!
    I'm off there tomorrow to see 50cent This is my 5th year at the festival! :cool:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    bah, yesterday's lineup wasn't so good...SFA, Graham Coxon and Modest Mouse were the only good acts on the main 2 stages IMO...although !!!, Roots Manuva, LCD Soundsystem and a few other good'uns were in the dance tent...

so, again, who'd ya see?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    bah, yesterday's lineup wasn't so good...SFA, Graham Coxon and Modest Mouse were the only good acts on the main 2 stages IMO...although !!!, Roots Manuva, LCD Soundsystem and a few other good'uns were in the dance tent...

so, again, who'd ya see?
    these guys for a start....

clearly see dexter here.
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ghg.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	3969  
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh it was so funny. Kind of harsh, but then again kinda funny.

Even before The Rasmus entered the main stage at Reading Festival yesterday, everyone was chucking mud and bottles at the set. Then when the did finally enter the stage, they were completely bombarded with water, bottles and mud. By the time they had finished one song, the stage was almost completely covered in mud and litter. The Rasmus, in desparation, tried to play another song but only got halfway through before they left the stage. Chairs were thrown at the stage amid the boos and shouts of "Get the f**k out of Reading," and flags displaying "Burn the Rasmus." The management told everyone that if they threw anything at the stage again they'd get chucked out.

Then later 50 Cent came on. This was sure to a classic. Some people were wearing T-shirts saying "Gay-Unit" and "50 c**t" (with a u replacing e). Because of the warnings earlier, people weren't throwing so much stuff, but just booed persistently throughout his songs, and chants of "B#ll#cks, b#ll#cks" flared up. He was meant to play for a hour, but left the stage after 25 minutes.

It was great. It wasn't so funny to The Rasmus, but to 50 Cent it was hilarious because he's just a ****.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    Oh it was so funny. Kind of harsh, but then again kinda funny.

Even before The Rasmus entered the main stage at Reading Festival yesterday, everyone was chucking mud and bottles at the set. Then when the did finally enter the stage, they were completely bombarded with water, bottles and mud. By the time they had finished one song, the stage was almost completely covered in mud and litter. The Rasmus, in desparation, tried to play another song but only got halfway through before they left the stage. Chairs were thrown at the stage amid the boos and shouts of "Get the f**k out of Reading," and flags displaying "Burn the Rasmus." The management told everyone that if they threw anything at the stage again they'd get chucked out.

Then later 50 Cent came on. This was sure to a classic. Some people were wearing T-shirts saying "Gay-Unit" and "50 c**t" (with a u replacing e). Because of the warnings earlier, people weren't throwing so much stuff, but just booed persistently throughout his songs. He was meant to play for a hour, but left the stage after 25 minutes.

It was great. It wasn't so funny to The Rasmus, but to 50 Cent it was hilarious because he's just a ****.

Hehe I found The Rasmus bit funny
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    Hehe I found The Rasmus bit funny
    It was, except my friend really wanted to see them so she was majorly disappointed.
Updated: August 31, 2004
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.