The Student Room Group

Choosing my 5

I'm having a slight panic about my 5th uni choice, i want to pick somewhere with lower grades, incase i mess up my a2's, but don't know where

i am deffinately applying to
Nottingham - AAB
Warwick -AAB
Royal Holloway - ABB
Nottingham (for history french and spanish) - BBB

But can't pick now between manchester (BBB), birmingham (ABB/BBB), sussex (AAB-BBB) or leeds (ABB), Hull (BBB)

is it worth picking a uni which appears higher on general rankings, such as manchester and birmingham or somewhere that isn't really well regarded such as hull but comes out better at both my chosen subjects, history and french?

thanks x
Reply 1
If you're worried about rankings, then overall rankings tend to carry more weight with employers than subject ones. Have you really looked closely at the course structures of the courses or visited any of the places? Sometimes a place just doesn't 'feel' right. Sussex and Leeds have very different feels to them (I haven't visited Hull or Birmingham), for example.
i live quite near birmingham and it has great night life, as does manchester and leeds, both of which i have recently visited! personally if i didn't live near birmingham that would be where i would apply! it has a good music scene! on the other hand i have only heard good things about leeds! i have made an application for met! when i visited hull i didn't particularly like it but i suppose it is personal and as for surrey i don't know!

Latest

Trending

Trending