The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I started hating Dumbledore during the third book... It became increasingly obvious to me that he wasn't as "light" and "good" as he seemed. My reason's include
1. Why did he not give Harry to Sirius?
2. He knew what life was like for Riddle in the orphanage yet continually allowed him to be sent back.
3. He knew that Harry was not treated well by the Dursley's, yet continually sent him back as well.
4. Forced Harry into a hero complex as to stop Voldemort.
5. Allowed Quirrel, Lockhart, and Umbridge to teach at the school.
6. Allowed students to be subjected to both a cerebus and dementors.
7. Made Harry watch his (Dumbledore's) death
8. Left out so much information about Harry that could have caused Harry to die in the war.
Ree_Chelle
I started hating Dumbledore during the third book... It became increasingly obvious to me that he wasn't as "light" and "good" as he seemed. My reason's include
1. Why did he not give Harry to Sirius?
2. He knew what life was like for Riddle in the orphanage yet continually allowed him to be sent back.
3. He knew that Harry was not treated well by the Dursley's, yet continually sent him back as well.
4. Forced Harry into a hero complex as to stop Voldemort.
5. Allowed Quirrel, Lockhart, and Umbridge to teach at the school.
6. Allowed students to be subjected to both a cerebus and dementors.
7. Made Harry watch his (Dumbledore's) death
8. Left out so much information about Harry that could have caused Harry to die in the war.

1. He needed to go back to the Dursleys so the magical protection remained intact.
2. He wasn't headmaster at the time.
3. Same as 1
4. I wouldn't say force. In the 6th book, he says "you can move away from the prophecy" blah blah blah so Harry had the choice and he remembered his parents, cedric, sirius etc and realised that he'd stop voldemort, dumbledore or no dumbledore.
5. Quirrel wasn't bad when he started teaching, Lockhart he was probably desperate as it got harder for Dumbledore to find a DADA teacher, Umbridge was forced on him by Fudge
6. It was for the student's safety (dementors). I'm trying to remember what a cerebus is :frown:
7. That was a shame but it wasn't his fault really. The day wasn't planned. Snape was still in bed so it wasn't like Dumbledore knew the exact date he was going to be killed.
8. He said in the King's Cross chapter that he didn't know if Harry could handle all the information. Another big mistake "I've always known you were the better man"

Despite me sticking up for him LOL, I didn't really like him much in HBP. He just seemed so arrogant. Yes he's clever but you don't need to shove it down our throats! :frown:

Latest